South florida ...

SRTurbo04

Ok as some know im getting married here in november and my fiance and i are taking our honey moon down to marco island florida(against my better judgement i wanted somewhere exotic). Any one been there or can give some tips as to what to do and what to avoid?

also naples is only i think a hour away so we might go down there as well, would love to know somethings to do.

clifs what to do in south florida

Clay used to stay in Naples, IIRC. I'd PM him to see what he would recommend.

good tip i forgot about clay an his vacation place.

I'm from palm beach opposite coast as Marco ' date=' but anything you want to do or eat will be there. Marco is beautiful so I wouldn't worry about anything.[/quote']

nice

FYI Marco island and Naples are not south Florida ;) south Florida refers to south Atlantic side not gulf.

However since you will be on the gulf coast you will have beautiful water and white sandy beaches with beautiful fine sand. If you enjoy fishing go on a deep sea boat for either a half day or full day. Take the Misses and she can get her tan on. They are great and you can catch some big fun great tasting fish

My grandma stays in Nokomis over the winter, which is very close to sarasota/siesta key/venice. I went in feb and it was mid 30s here and freezing rain, and it was 75-80 there with sun every day. Low to mid 70s at night. It was fucking great. If you go to sarasota or nokomis, go to the beach about an hour before sunset and hang out for a drum circle. my mom told me and i thought it sounded lame, but it was the coolest things i did while i was there

I just got back from a 10 day vacation in the Florida keys. I stayed on the water on Sugarloaf key and did lots of fishing.

The keys are a little bit like mini Caribbean islands if the drive isn't too far for you guys. The drive itself is actually pretty amazing too; the 7 mile bridge over open water is sweet.

Edited by spankis

I f you want the clubs and night life, Marco and Naples are not the place. They do not have that kind of action. Beautiful beaches and great restaurants, but no real club action.
yeah not looking for clubs or night life just a nice relaxing time

Looking tochow on sone seafood though

Way to be a man, Paul...

Way to be a dick, dick :lol:

Trulucks in Naples! Best place for stone crab

Oh, yes...I forgot about Trulucks. I feasted last time I was there over the summer. 3 large claws, lobster bisque, seabass. Wifey and I had cocktails (no wine)...combined with make-shift kids meals and it was well over $200...That's the downside. The upside is a superbly-prepared and presented dinner.

Scott, I was PM'ing Paul for good spots in Marco. Aside from Captain O'Briens, I can't think of anything down there or Isles of Capri...I haven't been to Marco since '06-'07...

Oh, yes...I forgot about Trulucks. I feasted last time I was there over the summer. 3 large claws, lobster bisque, seabass. Wifey and I had cocktails (no wine)...combined with make-shift kids meals and it was well over $200...That's the downside. The upside is a superbly-prepared and presented dinner.

Scott, I was PM'ing Paul for good spots in Marco. Aside from Captain O'Briens, I can't think of anything down there or Isles of Capri...I haven't been to Marco since '06-'07...

Lee B Fish, Marco Polo and the Snook Inn are some of my favorites

Ok as some know im getting married here in november and my fiance and i are taking our honey moon down to marco island florida(against my better judgement i wanted somewhere exotic). Any one been there or can give some tips as to what to do and what to avoid?

also naples is only i think a hour away so we might go down there as well, would love to know somethings to do.

clifs what to do in south florida

Eat plenty of seafood,drink and become a lazy beach bum. You will have a good time. Miller's Ale House was always good when we go down. The seafood platter was good. There are many place to eat and everyone has a favorite.

The Dock in downtown Naples, get a seat on the water, it's worth the extra wait.

Beached Whale on Ft.Myers Beach - Not necessarily fine dining but you can sit on the second-story open patio that directly overlooks the main Strip / Ocean, badass spot to party during spring break.

I'll mirror what some of the other guys have said, outside of Restaurants there isn't jack shit to do in Southwest Florida (unless your into fishing, and even then you will need a boat).

Edited by acklac7