Best Bars/pubs/taverns in the Northern Columbus area?

Geeesammy

Pretty new to the area... What are the good bars that aren't too wild? Looking for something to kind of hit up as a regular and don't want to go to bdubs, smokey bones, applebees, etc. Just want a dedicated bar with a nice crowd that doesn't have high schoolers running around like idiots and toddlers screaming on Friday nights. I live east of Polaris just off of Polaris Pkwy. Doesn't have to be extremely close, but don't want to drive over 20 minutes for a great spot either..

Paul Brower and gabe hang out at union (so I've been told)

Lol u shitbird

Around polaris I would go to the pub, kickstand, pastimes, or classics in westerville. Do not go to club polaris unless you wanna get shot or stabbed. If you don't care about getting shot or stabbed, go to the top of the flint. Take flint rd, cross the train tracks, and its a shithole bar on top of the flint rd carryout. I used to go there and get blackout. When the train would come by, I would throw huge rocks at it. So much fun.

If you are into good beer, go to mellow mushroom. Tons on tap, probably the second best iin the city, right up there with either world of beer, or bodega, which is a faggot hipster bar on high st. If you are on high st, avoid level or whatever union gay bars. I would go to this place called mikes bar and grill. Deceiving because there is no grill, but they do have cheetohs and microwave popcorn. I have also been threatened to be shot there, by one of the bartenders.

More good polaris bars: murphy mcflips, keystone pub, eddie merlots (killer happy hr), and bj's (decent beer brewed on premises, try the piranah if you like IPAs)

Under no circumstance would I ever suggest going to crown.

I see your winking lizard and raise you a ruckmore pub. Ring toss game there is the shit plus cheap mixed drinks.

Speaking of the ruckmoore a family friends' father owned it..by the comment im assuming it's not worth my while to visit lol.

Thanks for all the good input..definitely some names ive heard before, but wasnt sure if any were worth a damn

Speaking of the ruckmoore a family friends' father owned it..by the comment im assuming it's not worth my while to visit lol.

Thanks for all the good input..definitely some names ive heard before, but wasnt sure if any were worth a damn

Ha, he and like 8 other people own that place.

Seriously though, they sponsor my hockey team and they've always treated us good. Its definitely different. They only accept cash (no cc) and don't run any tabs. The story goes it use to be a brothel way back in the day but then fire burned half of it down. The half that didnt burn down is what the Ruckmoore is today. Its not a bad place really, but it attracts such a weird crowd. Ive been there on a saturday night and it was packed with younger crowd (20's) and other nights it will be all old people, other nights there will be a bunch of lesbians, etc... Just never know what kind of people will show up.

As for around polaris i usually go to McFlips b/c i know a bartender there. Its not bad but not great either. There use to be a place called kennedy's which was an awesome little irish pub but it got bought out and the new owner made it into another sports bar, sweet.

Lol u shitbird

Around polaris I would go to the pub, kickstand, pastimes, or classics in westerville. Do not go to club polaris unless you wanna get shot or stabbed. If you don't care about getting shot or stabbed, go to the top of the flint. Take flint rd, cross the train tracks, and its a shithole bar on top of the flint rd carryout. I used to go there and get blackout. When the train would come by, I would throw huge rocks at it. So much fun.

If you are into good beer, go to mellow mushroom. Tons on tap, probably the second best iin the city, right up there with either world of beer, or bodega, which is a faggot hipster bar on high st. If you are on high st, avoid level or whatever union gay bars. I would go to this place called mikes bar and grill. Deceiving because there is no grill, but they do have cheetohs and microwave popcorn. I have also been threatened to be shot there, by one of the bartenders.

More good polaris bars: murphy mcflips, keystone pub, eddie merlots (killer happy hr), and bj's (decent beer brewed on premises, try the piranah if you like IPAs)

Under no circumstance would I ever suggest going to crown.

This pretty much sums it up. I would also check out the winking lizard on crosswoods. I go often and they have an amazing beer selection and the food is pretty decent. A shit ton of TV's for sports.

I used to live at McFlips...fun place if you are simply looking to get fucked up on the cheap and possibly take someone home.

-Marc