Akula

I am looking to buy a small SUV. On the radar is

Infinity FX

BMW X3

Mercedes 350

Audi Q5

Hyundai Santa Fe

Honda CRV

I realize this is an odd list but I really don't care about price because I drive cars from new until its 6 or 7 years old and I don't feel safe letting my family go on a big road trip.

If you sell any of these vehicles or have a hookup, please let me know.

i had an 06 fx35, LOVED it! should have never sold it. it is the best daily suv by far. handles very well, has all the bells and whistles and the birds eye view gps is awesome. comes with wireless headphones for the kiddo's watching a movie in back. god i miss it.

i'm currently borrowing a ford edge from a friend. it's a very nice and comfortable suv but over all has a very cheap feeling.

skip the x3 thing is tiny. the tdi touareg is a very nice small suv.

goodluck in your search

Drove a new Ford Escape fully loaded and thought it was damn nice. It was an AWD 240hp 2.0T and it had plenty of power. Very smooth and linear. Another option and Ford Service at Germain has been outstanding.

I have driven them and like them but the turn signal noise gives me a headache, stupid I realize but that whole sync thing goes against my very soul.

i had an 06 fx35, LOVED it! should have never sold it. it is the best daily suv by far. handles very well, has all the bells and whistles and the birds eye view gps is awesome. comes with wireless headphones for the kiddo's watching a movie in back. god i miss it.

i'm currently borrowing a ford edge from a friend. it's a very nice and comfortable suv but over all has a very cheap feeling.

skip the x3 thing is tiny. the tdi touareg is a very nice small suv.

goodluck in your search

The 2013 x3 is bigger.

I know people laugh at Hyundai but they are willing to stand behind their cars for 10 years or 100,000 miles. Even if its crap, they are willing to stand behind them. Anyone else do that??? Anyone?

The 2013 x3 is bigger.

I know people laugh at Hyundai but they are willing to stand behind their cars for 10 years or 100,000 miles. Even if its crap, they are willing to stand behind them. Anyone else do that??? Anyone?

Remember the 10/100' date='000 warranty is only for original purchaser. That warranty doesn't transfer if you sell it in a few years. It only comes with standard 5/60k if you sell it[/quote']

^^ yes/no. if you sell it to a private party yes. (outside immediate family)

https://www.hyundaiusa.com/assurance/america-best-warranty.aspx

However, if you work your next deal through a dealer that has a Hyundai Franchise they can certify the vehicle to have the 10/100k warranty and have them do a courtesy delivery of your existing car to the next owner including the balance of the warranty.

The wife and I did just that. We bought our van from a couple who was getting divorced (client of my wife) with 4k on the ODO through Dennis Hyundai . They downsized to a used car from Dennis and we worked together to have a courtesy deal done thus allowing us to buy the van through the dealer at our agreed upon $19,500. Dealer charged us $400 to "certify" and inspect the van and in turn we have the full 10/100k agreement. They in turn get credit for the used car sale too.

The van has been solid, the service at Dennis Sucks balls but overall the van has been solid.

I drive a car until 100k then I get rid of it.

I have had Toyota's and I don't think they are as reliable as they used to be. My dad's truck has 400k on it but the last Toyo I owned had problems.

I don't like Sync because it is an MS product.

I drive a car until 100k then I get rid of it.

I have had Toyota's and I don't think they are as reliable as they used to be. My dad's truck has 400k on it but the last Toyo I owned had problems.

I don't like Sync because it is an MS product.

We have about 67k on the van and will likely keep it to near 100k or so. Wife doesn't work any longer so that could be several more years. I'd buy another Hyundai without question.

Sync wise, I love it. MS thing doesn't bother me. I think the Honda/IBM version in my previous Honda and Acura products was better and more refined, especially given that was nearly 8-10 years ago, but this will do.

Good luck.