Drag Week 2012 Recap

wagner

That's the most expensive 1,400 mile road trip one can take... Race gas in a car burning 3-4mpg....

If you see the haulers these guys show up with at the starting point, you would understand money is not a big deal with them.

Jeff Lutz was at the NMCA race this weekend, super nice guy. Took time to talk with me about his car as I was taking pics of it.

I love the drag week event. I want to attend some year.

Unlimited class cars are NOT street cars. They are RACE cars being driven on the street. Regardless though, that is a seriously badass event, props to everyone competing in it.

This man speaks the truth. These are in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM street cars. There pure race cars being driven on the street.

Unlimited class cars are NOT street cars. They are RACE cars being driven on the street. Regardless though, that is a seriously badass event, props to everyone competing in it.

Larson's car is pretty darn close. It has a a killer sound system with a sub in it. He was blasting Free Bird when he pulled into columbus a few years ago...

Larson's car is pretty darn close. It has a a killer sound system with a sub in it. He was blasting Free Bird when he pulled into columbus a few years ago...

Agreed, I think Larson's car is very streetable. The rest are definitely race cars tamed down enough in the tune and interior departments to make the drive livable. The Pro Mod Camaro is just retarded in my opinion. It's too slow to be a cool Pro Mod and too ugly to be a cool street car. The '69 Camaro at least still looks like a '69 Camaro, but again it's an actual race car chassis. At least Larson and Lutz are using factory bodied cars.

Agreed, I think Larson's car is very streetable. The rest are definitely race cars tamed down enough in the tune and interior departments to make the drive livable. The Pro Mod Camaro is just retarded in my opinion. It's too slow to be a cool Pro Mod and too ugly to be a cool street car. The '69 Camaro at least still looks like a '69 Camaro, but again it's an actual race car chassis. At least Larson and Lutz are using factory bodied cars.

The other orange 69 is just stupid clean. The guys up at Big3 in cleveland did the dyno time and said it is very nice.