Another Computer Issues Thread

01sentrase2.0

Dell Desktop

Windows XP

A while back I was using the computer and the mouse and keyboard stopped working all together. Tried new batteries, tried a new wireless system, tried a wired set and nothing changed. Restarted the computer with the wired set plugged in and it worked for a day and then stopped working again.

I have now reinstalled XP, got the wired keyboard and mouse working just fine. Can't get the display settings to change beyond 4bit for some reason. I try to install the monitor software and it tells me that I need to install the graphics software. Neither of these things have changed since the day I bought the computer.

Thoughts?

TIA

Luke

start>run>dxdiag

under display it should tell you the manufacturer of the graphics card - hopefully - and you can search the manufacturers website for the info.

I will try this in the morning and let you know if that works. Thanks. Any idea as to why the mouse and keyboard would just stop working randomly?