CCW Class for the wife

Hahn

So the wifey has been thinking about getting her CCW for a while now. So toss out some cheap places to do it. I heard MoJo does one or was working on getting it together last time i heard. Lets hear it?

If you want a cheap CCW class, google CCW at home or armed2defend.

Those are crazy cheap. Whats the catch? And the class is held at like Donatos and a Church? So where do they go for range time? Also, if anyone on here does a class, i would almost prefer to go that route.

Prob because a lot are out to make decent money off it, which is perfectly fine. This guy, at least at the time, was still the police chief, and he said he just used the $$ from doing ccw classes to take an annual bear hunting trip to canada. He wasnt looking to get rich. And i think we had like 12 or so in the class, which may have been close to the limit he set.

Those are crazy cheap. Whats the catch? And the class is held at like Donatos and a Church? So where do they go for range time? Also, if anyone on here does a class, i would almost prefer to go that route.

They drive to a range in canal winchester. visit their site.

I took Armed2Defend in july. It was okay. Left alot of unanswered questions.

They start out by taking your picture and providing you with a passport photo that will be required when you apply for your CCW. Its awesome because its the first thing you do when you get there and still look asleep. Then for the next 4 hours they talk about guns, how they work, the different kinds of ammunition, gun safety, etc. Then you pay 5 bucks for a pizza buffet of donatos. Then this lawyer dude from delaware comes and recites 3 hours of lecture from memory on who is responsible for what, what happends after your weapon is drawn, all the legalities of it. Then they take you to the main guys moms house way down in grove tucky where he has a private range set up. Its kind of nice. They make you shoot at paper targets with a 22 pistol from about 15 feet. They have tons of volunteers to help you. Hell there was an autistic person taking the course when i was there. Hit the target 5 times and you pass the range portion. They then take you back to the classroom and give you the test which was 50 questions. You could use any notes or literature they gave you during the lecture. you may also take the test as many times as you need. They print you out a certificate and you are finished around 8pm at night.

The part i didnt like was there was limited scenario based discussion. I understand that every situation is different, but i feel they mostly talked about the guns themselves.

I took Armed2Defend in july. It was okay. Left alot of unanswered questions.

They start out by taking your picture and providing you with a passport photo that will be required when you apply for your CCW. Its awesome because its the first thing you do when you get there and still look asleep. Then for the next 4 hours they talk about guns, how they work, the different kinds of ammunition, gun safety, etc. Then you pay 5 bucks for a pizza buffet of donatos. Then this lawyer dude from delaware comes and recites 3 hours of lecture from memory on who is responsible for what, what happends after your weapon is drawn, all the legalities of it. Then they take you to the main guys moms house way down in grove tucky where he has a private range set up. Its kind of nice. They make you shoot at paper targets with a 22 pistol from about 15 feet. They have tons of volunteers to help you. Hell there was an autistic person taking the course when i was there. Hit the target 5 times and you pass the range portion. They then take you back to the classroom and give you the test which was 50 questions. You could use any notes or literature they gave you during the lecture. you may also take the test as many times as you need. They print you out a certificate and you are finished around 8pm at night.

The part i didnt like was there was limited scenario based discussion. I understand that every situation is different, but i feel they mostly talked about the guns themselves.

When i went to apply for my permit, i figured my passport photo i had to bring would be what would be on the permit. I had more than my buzz cut hair then, and had a hat on and an indians jersey...my photo has some nasty looking hair and a red line on my forehead from my hat. I'd take a morning picture over that. ill remember in april when i renew. Lol

If you want a cheap CCW class, google CCW at home or armed2defend.

+1 on armed2defend. Its run by kevin sadeski which is my future brtother in law. He does a great job and is one of the biggest trainers in ohio. I went through the class myself a few months ago.

Joe and I are getting our credentials done right now. I am able to teach classes right now with a50% deposit and a few couple weeks notice. Due to I have to order the student packets. We haven't been advertising on here cuz I don't know what he has worked out with ant. But any who want info just email Maximumdefenseandstrategics@gmail.com including Anthony for any questions. Price for cr is 100$ if you bring 5 people so a total of 6 yours is free

Welcome home Hahn. Once I came home, Eric ^, and I went and got our CCW instructor Certifications with the NRA. I have been waiting on my credentials from the NRA and have been reassured they will be to me next week. They messed up my name. Anyways, I'm in a Military School in Arkansas for a few more weeks.

That all said, Eric and I should be good to go next month. He can teach now, I have to wait. If you would like, I can touch base with you and get things started. Just let me or Eric know if you want to go forward.

Thanks.

Anthony, I'm still good with what we discussed and we can take care of that when our work schedules match up. Thanks

Welcome home Hahn. Once I came home, Eric ^, and I went and got our CCW instructor Certifications with the NRA. I have been waiting on my credentials from the NRA and have been reassured they will be to me next week. They messed up my name. Anyways, I'm in a Military School in Arkansas for a few more weeks.

That all said, Eric and I should be good to go next month. He can teach now, I have to wait. If you would like, I can touch base with you and get things started. Just let me or Eric know if you want to go forward.

Thanks.

Anthony, I'm still good with what we discussed and we can take care of that when our work schedules match up. Thanks

Thanks Joe. Just let me know when you get back and well talk it over a beer or two.

The church guy is who i toon my class from- totally loved him- he was thourgh, had answers to all my questions and taught helped me to decide on what type of gun would be ideal for my needs.

Tim Bostic...hes the chief of mechanicsburg police dept...its where i went a couple years back. 1 day class, $65.

This is what I took...fun class I recommend it to everyone. I knew his first name was Tim but could not remember his last name

Aww damn no we didn't see any of that. He did bust out like more than half of his firearms and let everyone mess with them, kinda like a show and tell ;) We did get all you can eat prime rib that was prob the best part besides his stories. $65 that has to be one of the cheapest rates in central ohio!

This is what I took...fun class I recommend it to everyone. I knew his first name was Tim but could not remember his last name

I did the same a few years ago. My wife now also wants her ccw. I would have never in my wildest dreams thought this. She likes to shoot now almost as much as I do. Next she will asking for the keys to the Z06 :lolguy: