Solicitation

Rocky31186

I didnt see anything when I searched... Other than posting "NO SOLICITATION" On my front door, what can I do to keep these fucks from ringing the door bell and knocking on the door. I had a nice "talk" with this chick trying to sell stuff 5 minutes ago. at 8:00 at night. Baby just went to sleep, dogs are chilled out. Then the door bell rings, and someone is banging on the door. Dogs go crazy because its "late", baby starts crying. So I answered the door with the gun on my hip to find out what the fuck is so urgent.

If I have a sign posted, can I do anything else? Except give them a piece of my mind and call the non-emergency number?

Anyone else tired of people knocking on their door?

In my google search I have found this..

"We spoke with the Columbus Police Department, there are no laws in Columbus against soliciting and the best way for a person to stop solicitors is to place a sign outside their door. If solicitors still come to the door, even after seeing the signs, the best thing to do is to not answer the door.

According to the Ohio Revised Code, there is no general crime of solicitation that applies to all offenses. Rather, solicitation is found under the complicity statute discussed…“no person shall solicit or procure another to commit the offense”

So my only option is to give them a piece of my mind for not reading the sign.

Maybe I need to start playing with them, like I do with telemarketer's...

Post NO SOLICITATION, and be aware of your neighborhood's solicitation laws. I know that UA is very strict with door-to-door: you need to buy a 90-day permit, only certain calling hours, and UA give out free NO SALES stickers you can put on your front door. Any violators can get a nice conversation with a cop if you so choose.

I answer the door, but my wife won't even go there. She's been at the kitchen sink, looking out the window eye-to-eye with someone at the door and she won't answer.

Post NO SOLICITATION, and be aware of your neighborhood's solicitation laws. I know that UA is very strict with door-to-door: you need to buy a 90-day permit, only certain calling hours, and UA give out free NO SALES stickers you can put on your front door. Any violators can get a nice conversation with a cop if you so choose.

I answer the door, but my wife won't even go there. She's been at the kitchen sink, looking out the window eye-to-eye with someone at the door and she won't answer.

Thanks I'll have to see if I can find anything for pickerington.

I dont live in the ghetto, I'm not going to fence in my front yard...

apparently I need to trade my 2 boxers for 2 "5yo min dachshund/brussles griffin thing's"

Tonight it was "Elite home cleaning" after telling her multiple times to go away she repeated that by law she was allowed to be at my door until 9pm. I told her I would call the police if they didn't leave my property. It played out very well, as they both stood on the sidewalk talking shit, out of no where 5 miles or so away on 256 a police Siren sounded and they started walking.

There is a no solicitation law in my neighborhood HOA. Doesn't keep the urban youths off my doorstep. They stil tryna sell me magazine subscriptions n stuff.

We allow neighborhood kids selling popcorn n girlscout cookies, but no other people. We call the sheriff.

Tonight it was "Elite home cleaning" after telling her multiple times to go away she repeated that by law she was allowed to be at my door until 9pm. I told her I would call the police if they didn't leave my property. It played out very well, as they both stood on the sidewalk talking shit, out of no where 5 miles or so away on 256 a police Siren sounded and they started walking.

it cracks me up when people act liek this .. makes no sense like do they really think if they treat people like this they are going to get customers?

There is a no solicitation law in my neighborhood HOA. Doesn't keep the urban youths off my doorstep. They stil tryna sell me magazine subscriptions n stuff.

We allow neighborhood kids selling popcorn n girlscout cookies, but no other people. We call the sheriff.

Kids would not bother me near as much as people doing this for a job. They are fundraising.

We don't have an HOA. In our neighborhood.

I mean it's not even like you can "ignore" it and let them go away. There is a sign posted to not be here, and your still here knocking.

Maybe I should start opening the door naked or with a mask on or something.

AT&T Uverse the other day wouldn't let me say NO. I'm like look I don't want your fucking service, leave. And he talks about pricing and hd channels.

it cracks me up when people act liek this .. makes no sense like do they really think if they treat people like this they are going to get customers?

Right, I just wrote the company a nice letter. Describing what happened and how my family and friends will never use their service.

Same with AT&T Uverse that came the other day. I told them I get all kinds of offers in the mail, they call my phone, they come to my door. If I wanted it, I would call them and order it.

With the barking dogs and no answer after the first doorbell ring they are usually gone. I have a wooden front porch, so you can hear people coming up the steps, sometimes the dogs start barking then, and I never get anything more than a light knock and they go away.

I have a window up above my door n some lil fagget came waltzin up my driveway with magazines and my dogs were goin crazy for fresh lil boy blood so I took off my hat n started barking with them showin my teeth n spitting through the screen window. He was like smilin and standin there but I didn't stop till he walked away. It was pretty godam funny

In Worthington you need a permit to sell crap. Anytime the the "no soliciting" sign doesn't work we just ask to see their permit. That makes most go away. I am polite to the kids as I had to sell crap too and hated every minute of it.

It's funny you post this as last night we had AT&T hounding our home like 3 times in one night between 5-9pm. The previous days Obama followers come to my door even though we have two R&R Signs in the front yard and one bumper sticker on our front porch right under the NO SOLICITATION sign.

That said, the very best thing I've done to deter and 100% eliminate solicitation is to put a sprinker in the flowerbed next to the door that is controlled by the faucet in our garage. If they come around, I simply walk out to the garage and turn it on. It sprays my front porch too so unless they are in a rain coat, they never come up to the door. The only thing I regret is if they are on the front porch already, I can't turn it on and catch the look on their face when they get blasted. :)

I don't care if it's 45* out in an October evening, I turn it on. Needless to say I put it back out there this morning.

/issue.

Edited by TTQ B4U

Prior to having our CCWs we had a sign on the door that said "solicitors piss me off" with a picture of an AK47 below that- we NEVER had solicitors when that was up.

I had to take it down for legal reasons now that we actually have guns in the house. :(

Now i just open the door point to the "no soliciting" sign and close the door again.

It's funny you post this as last night we had AT&T hounding our home like 3 times in one night between 5-9pm. The previous days Obama followers come to my door even though we have two R&R Signs in the front yard and one bumper sticker on our front porch right under the NO SOLICITATION sign.

That said, the very best thing I've done to deter and 100% eliminate solicitation is to put a sprinker in the flowerbed next to the door that is controlled by the faucet in our garage. If they come around, I simply walk out to the garage and turn it on. It sprays my front porch too so unless they are in a rain coat, they never come up to the door. The only thing I regret is if they are on the front porch already, I can't turn it on and catch the look on their face when they get blasted. :)

I don't care if it's 45* out in an October evening, I turn it on. Needless to say I put it back out there this morning.

/issue.

You should hook up an automatic control for the sprinklers to your doorbell, then tell your friends to call or knock when they show up instead of hit the bell. Every time the doorbell is rang they run for 10 minutes.

Typically the people selling stuff ring the door bell first, and when no one answers they knock on the door multiple times. Standing there with a smirk on their face.

I'll have to look into a water feature. I do have a bedroom window on 2nd floor above the front door. Maybe I can pour a bucket of water or something. Fire crackers? Got some of those.

I dont live in the ghetto, I'm not going to fence in my front yard...

apparently I need to trade my 2 boxers for 2 "5yo min dachshund/brussles griffin thing's"

I had some jackass try this to me and my dad before. We were out in the driveway working on my car though, so the guy just stood there and kept talking. My dad told the guy he wasnt interested, but it didnt seem to matter. At this point we were working inside the car, so this guy felt the need walk up next to the car, and honestly if he could have fit, i think he would have tried to get in. We finally just shut the doors and started the car so we couldnt hear him lol.

Best part of it though, the guy got down about 2 more houses to this older gentlemans house, and the cops showed up. Come to find out that the house he went to right after mine, he was told to get off the property and basically refused. So the home owner called the police and told them there was a large black man harassing him. Seeing as we live in an old folks neiborhood, cops showed up in 2 minutes flat and told him to GTFO.