Urban Active-- Now LA Fitness

mrs.cos

Woopee..

Email we got today

Dear Member:

Global Fitness Holdings, LLC, doing business as “Urban Active,” is excited and pleased to announce that Fitness & Sports Clubs, LLC, doing business as “LA Fitness,” is acquiring substantially all the assets relating to all of the Urban Active Fitness clubs in seven states. As a result, we will be transitioning the operation of our clubs, including your home club, to LA Fitness, a national health and fitness chain.

LA Fitness will be acquiring your membership agreement and assuming the operations of your home club effective October 26, 2012. As a result, your payments will be collected by LA Fitness going forward using the same account and in the same amount as with Urban Active. You can find more details on LA Fitness’ website at http://www.lafitness.com.

Urban Active will close our location at 5600 Deerfield Boulevard in Mason, Ohio and those members are being relocated to the 50,000 square foot LA Fitness club located nearby at 11359 Montgomery Road in Symmes, Ohio.

Urban Active stopped providing tanning as of September 30, 2012. Tanning will not be a service provided by LA Fitness. If you have a pre-paid tanning membership, please contact Dwight Conder at dconder@urbanactive.com or 859-977-3134, or Parker Allen at pallen@urbanactive.com or 859-977-3172 to process any prorated refund due to you.

It has been our pleasure to serve you, and we thank you for your loyalty to Urban Active through the years. We wish you continued success in pursuing and achieving your fitness goals.

Yours in Health,

Urban Active

Whats the image? I workout there and it seems to be ok

Most gym business practices are pretty shady. I'm sure they treat you fine by look at just abou any gym and thier BBB rating as well as look for class action lawsuits.. They are notorious

They didn't change my rate, just issued new badge. Other than ripping down all the interior signage and some of the decor...it is the same. The girl behind the counter told me they are going to expand their hours so that is cool. I try to go when there are the fewest meatheads grunting and dropping weights. Loser 'roid puppies. meh. BTW, the Polaris location is crappy. It is small, they don't maintain the gear and the staff seems to be there for their own social life. The other locations are all bigger and layed out better, nice staff, etc.

They didn't change my rate, just issued new badge. Other than ripping down all the interior signage and some of the decor...it is the same. The girl behind the counter told me they are going to expand their hours so that is cool. I try to go when there are the fewest meatheads grunting and dropping weights. Loser 'roid puppies. meh. BTW, the Polaris location is crappy. It is small, they don't maintain the gear and the staff seems to be there for their own social life. The other locations are all bigger and layed out better, nice staff, etc.

This is every location.

Can't necessarily speak on it, i worked there for some time and have witnessed some shady shit.

The biggest complaints I've heard, were if you were on month to month and canceled, you'd have a hell of a time getting them to stop billing you. This is all over the BBB. When I signed up a year ago, I signed up for a 2 year contract and paid just $17 a month. Every once in a while they will call me about my membership and wanting to re-up, but I've never been billed, other than the first charge of $408 or whatever it was.

I really hope that they bring back the pre-pay membership like I got. My brother talked to them about a month ago and told him they only do month to month now... :(

I went to Urban Active last year for a while and wasnt happy with it at all. Only went because two friends/lifting partners went there. Its a very metrosexual gym thats over run with hundreds of treadmills/cardio equipment, but you have to wait in line to use one of the 3 flat benches or only 1 squat rack. It wasnt a gym feel to me at all. Now i go to the Y in grove city, but only because its free for me and the fam plus they have child care.

I got all switched over Monday afternoon. Basically turned in my badge, got a new badge, got my picture taken again, and signed something basically stating that my contract now resides with LA Fitness.

The cool thing about that process was that the girl doing all of this says to me: "Your membership is set to expire in November 2013, correct?" I agreed and then she said "If you want to renew at that time, it will be $428." Which of course, is what I paid a year ago. So apparently, I am grandfathered into my contract and can keep it going when it expires... :cool: