are these good mattresses?

Diamonds

Memory foam mattresses require about 2-4 weeks of break in time. If you're looking into purchasing one make sure it has a try out period.

Tempurpedic offers the 90 day trial for this reason.

You need to walk/ jump on your bed for about 20 min or so before going to bed for the first 2 weeks of ownership to help break it in.

how much are tempurpedics?

They start around a grand and only go up from there.

It'd be easy to spend 2500 on a tempurpedic.

Like stated from someone else above, get a hold of IVRings for mattresses. Last I heard he doesn't work there anymore but he can put you in contact with someone that will help you out and get you a good price.

i have one of these off brand cheap 9" foam mattresses. my dad got it with some other mattress he bought. i ditched my traditional spring mattress and within a month, i stopped waking up with low back pain from a bad disc. before, i'd have pain 6 out of 7 days. now, its like once every 2 weeks, and usually if i sleep on it wrong.

friends got one from VCF, spent a little more, $1k or so, they like it.

• 1 month later...

I got this mattress from Amazon about a month ago:

http://www.amazon.com/LinenSpa-Viscoelastic-Mattress-25-Year-Warranty/dp/B00474X5DO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355549531&sr=8-1&keywords=linenspa

Really liking it so far, just kind of wish I would have gotten the 12" or 14" one instead. Otherwise, would recommend.

how much are tempurpedics?

bought ours several years ago. wasn't low by any means$$ but it is to this day one the one piece of furntature in our house that I appreciate more than anything for 5-8hrs at a time in the very best way. I can't say enough about it. We have a king size bed and will say, it's a bitch to move around.

Do yourself a favor and check out night therapy mattresses at samsclub.com

I did a bunch of research on memory foam mattresses as I could not afford the $3800 tempur pedic that my in laws bought. This is a 13" mattress that has an inch and a half gel layer that sleeps way cooler than my inlaws mattress does. Their only complaint is that it sleeps hot. I have had this mattress for two weeks and i have not slept this good in a long time. I was in love the first night. My wife took about 4 nights to adjust but now loves it. It cost me $675 delivered to my door in 4 days and sams club carries a 10 year replacement policy. They will replace it with the same or different mattress. Go to samsclub.com and read the reviews.

I'm not a huge fan of any Gel beds myself. I do love Tempur-pedic beds, and to show it I sleep on a Cloud Luxe King Ergo Adjustable. This is what 75% of the staff at Mattress Firm sleeps to give you an idea what a mattress salesman people have. I have moved away from mattress sales, but I'm more then willing to help out with knowledge and help you know who to deal with. Hands down if you need pressure relief Tempur-pedic wins hands down. I know they are pricey, but they are so worth it. I've sold other beds too, but most would just come back to get the Tempur-pedic soon after buying the cheaper stuff. I did also like the Sealy Embody beds, but they will not hold up as long as the Tempur-pedic in my mind. I've seen floor samples show wear in 4-6 months and the Tempur-pedic never gets switched out unless it gets stains. They take a few months to get it broken in too. F you need more info message me I did nothing but sell beds for 5 years.

Our tempurpedic was pricey--couldn't believe a bed could be that expensive. I had troubles sleeping prior to the new mattress. With the tempurpedic I've finally been able to go some rest. It's worth it

Agreed. Now that we have a tempurpedic, I normally sleep a lot better and when we stay at her house, it reminds me each time how much I like this bed.