prep or no prep. vote now!

Mattsv8

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if drunk, stupid, or trolling....

I've never drank. And not stupid. Fast cars don't go to tracks that don't prep. Norwalk does spray the start but I've also seen them not prep. When super chevy was there they did great prep cause of the nitro coups. I understand they're not gona prep their asses off for. Tnt. But most tracks in oh don't d much prep for the points racers. Or evan some larger meets. Track prep is key. Just like selling a crappy product 10 people show up and the tracks a pos word gets arround. How fast of a car have u owned and drove wagner? I'm shure track prep don't mean much to a person who's going 11s and 12s. But for me if I'm paying 50 to 100 bucks for a entry fee I want a good track to race on period.

I've never drank. And not stupid. Fast cars don't go to tracks that don't prep. Norwalk does spray the start but I've also seen them not prep. When super chevy was there they did great prep cause of the nitro coups. I understand they're not gona prep their asses off for. Tnt. But most tracks in oh don't d much prep for the points racers. Or evan some larger meets. Track prep is key. Just like selling a crappy product 10 people show up and the tracks a pos word gets arround. How fast of a car have u owned and drove wagner? I'm shure track prep don't mean much to a person who's going 11s and 12s. But for me if I'm paying 50 to 100 bucks for a entry fee I want a good track to race on period.

How did I know this was coming? What tracks have you gone to besides Hillbillyville Marion and Trails? I have been to plenty of tracks that prep for prep the hell out of their track for the weekly program, because they are good tracks and have big car counts.

Better tracks also have better competition, hence better track prep too. I have seen Indy, Norwalk, Beach Bend, Milan, Thompson, and even Kil Kare stop several times during a session to spray and drag a track.

Why do you think Norwalk has so many cars show up WEEKLY for their bracket program? Because they give the track teeth.

And I will bite on your very cute loaded question about have fast I have gone. Fastest I have ever gone with my car built on blah blah blah an hour was 12.50. Nothing special at all, never said it was. HOWEVER I actually go to the track, help others with even faster cars and learn more and more.

We ALL know what you have done since you point it out all the time, write it on the wind shield of your truck, so at this point there really is no point in reminded us all yet again...

ANYWAY now that we have that out of the way, great job to mark and IPS on being number 1 qualifier, just keep the 6 second bracket car in the hunt.

How did I know this was coming? What tracks have you gone to besides Hillbillyville Marion and Trails? I have been to plenty of tracks that prep for prep the hell out of their track for the weekly program, because they are good tracks and have big car counts.

Better tracks also have better competition, hence better track prep too. I have seen Indy, Norwalk, Beach Bend, Milan, Thompson, and even Kil Kare stop several times during a session to spray and drag a track.

Why do you think Norwalk has so many cars show up WEEKLY for their bracket program? Because they give the track teeth.

And I will bite on your very cute loaded question about have fast I have gone. Fastest I have ever gone with my car built on blah blah blah an hour was 12.50. Nothing special at all, never said it was. HOWEVER I actually go to the track, help others with even faster cars and learn more and more.

We ALL know what you have done since you point it out all the time, write it on the wind shield of your truck, so at this point there really is no point in reminded us all yet again...

ANYWAY now that we have that out of the way, great job to mark and IPS on being number 1 qualifier, just keep the 6 second bracket car in the hunt.

This....

Thanks Brian, and nice write up on Dragzine btw!

Last two times I was at Norwalk, the track was on kill a murther fucker! He'll we did a power wheelie at the 1/8th mile and I'm pretty sure that takes some prep.

Norwalk is under new management and I'd expect to see some great things happen there this coming year.

Sucks you couldn't come this weekend Brian, hope you can make the next one!

Thanks, glad you liked it. Next year will be fun because I will be helping out and doing race coverage at the same time.

Yeah, I really wanted to go but work could not spare me this week. I plan on putting my PTO requests in as soon as I get next years race dates from Ray.

Why go to Cr track days then?

I won't attend another track rental unless there us goin to be track prep. Way too many close calls at the last track rental. By far the worst track I've been on. Ill stick to just tnt nights when I'm off work. Maybe some norwalk. Id loveto do the 8.90 class but 7hrs of driving isint a good idea for me id fall asleep.

I almost had to crash. Shawn almost had to crash the twin turbo monty did crash but that was durring their equally shitty tnt night. I know its easy to get your 12 11 sec shit down a bad track but there is a reason u don't see faster cars. Its not safe.period. when the s10 ran 11s I never had a single issue with prep cause it was too slow to neeed it. As much as a track rental costs. They can afford to do track prep and spray he track. They choose not to so fast cars chose not to come. I will not invite the 10 to 20 people I usually ask to make the track days happen I would feel awfull if someone crashes a fast car with a shitty track. That's just the way it is.

yep its dumn to not wana crash and get hurt because the local tracks won't prep.id sell all my shit and say fuckit. I understand most of u don't have 60000 in your cars u don't run faster than 11s so big fn deal. There is a reason fast cars don't show. I've been racing trails since 1997 and they used to spray the track and prep on a wen night to keep it safe. So did others.

And marion is not a great track at all. Just sucks it is faster for most fast cars nd it shouldn't be that way. So if your slower than 10s your opinion is mute u can run in the rain for all I care.

What's worse? Your constant bitching about how fast your car is, or everything else? Not too many people on the board care for you, your worlds fastest truck, or your god awful attempt at grammar. Go to a track that has a reputation and you won't have to worry about track prep. Then You will have one less thing to complain about when you don't hit the number you claim you run. Do I care what u run? No, does anyone else on this board?? Think not. If you don't. Go to track days and invite your 10-20 friends to come, guess what, the amount of people caring will be less than the amount of brilliant thoughts that go on in that giant sized pee brain of yours. Please stop posting, it will be your greatest gift to cr

Kilkare's new surface should be amazing proably will be the fastest track outside of a preped norwalk. Only reason I say local is norwalk is 2.5hrs thompson 3.5hrs edgewater 2hrs. They're great tracks but to just test parts changes local tracks trails 35min marion 1hr kilkare 1.10 min or so.

Logic if a track is a better track like u fast guys say. Explain how me shawn dustin all 8 sec vehicles 60 ft harder at a unpreped marion than a so called preped trails. I'm not speeking for mark or ray but I doubt they would come to these track rentals and try to laydown any power on the crappy surface. Ray ran marion and his car worked well there

Facts

1.5 best 60ft 3 times at trails this yr

1.28 60ft marion unpreped 2 times 1.32 60ft evan with a 3.90 gr

Stay on topic or leave. This is a thread someone started for me. I'm sorry I can't afford to driveto mafyland for a good track. And I expect more from the local ones most racers support.

Bitch this is the kitchen, look through any thread in here and tell me one that stays on topic for 2 pgs.... Ill wait....

The fact is you go to bull shit tracks and expect Norwalk experience. Getting fucking real, you get what you paid for. If you don't like the track, don't go. If you want qaulity you gotta pay to play. End of topic. Not much to rebuttal to.

Phil your not quick enuf to have any opinion also are u the fastest street racer in the world. Why do u car about track prep. This is for people that care about the trac surface and their safety. I remember not evan 10 yrs ago trails preped the track on wen inport night. Spray drag then spray again. They still get a decent car count on fridays but no prep. And on sat and sun points nights I've also seen them slow down on the track prep. And as a result a lot of trails regulars look elsewere to race. We have I believe 28 dragstrips in oh. Why should 3 of them work great and the rest not care?

I can't say how norwalk is now I haven't went since super chevy was there I believe 3 yrs ago. And a lot of people complained then but it was water comming through the track about 660ft. Superchevy quit going cause all the nitro cars complained about the track.

Well sounds like you just made your own point and your too dumb to see it. 28 drag strips are in Ohio, you choose the shittiest 3 and complain on how shitty 3/ 28 tracks are. You have 25 other options, pick one. If you don't feel safe, don't go, if you don't like it, don't go, if its too far.... Well tough shit, don't go. Please complain about something with less relevance.