prep or no prep. vote now!

Mattsv8

Yea most are 1/8th mile. Most common are trails. Norwalk kilkare, marion, thompson, edgewater dw42, pacemakers. Then a bunch of small ones.

I guess I expect more for a track rental. A group of s10 owners rent bowling green once a yr. The give the option of buying track bite. 10 bucks a gallon. If the track would evan give the option I'm shure more fast cars woul come. Ohio is home to some damn fast cars why not try and get a track preped to watch them work correctly.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atleast Ohio has tracks that you can race at. My old neck of the woods had one track on the island and it was closed due to finances. If I wanted track prep, I would have to boat my car to california. To come from a place with no tracks to a state with tons and still her complaining is out there. At some point, your going to have to accept one of several things:

A. knuckle up and enjoy the ride

B. travel to a track that meets your standards

C. build something AWD, full a full chassis, and a bubble so you feel safe

D. sell everything and find another hobby.

E. set up your own track rental so it's up to your standards

When a car let alone a truck is going 8's-9s, it's going to be dicey no matter which way you slice the bread.

Now if a track would offer to spray for a run would you pay for it? I would pay an extra 10$ for them to spray it.. I agree with mattsv8 argument... Track prep should be done more often but with every track.. There should be a certain criteria for them to meet.. It's a shame some tracks cut corners to save an extra 50$ and care less about the car enthusiasts. I don't have a fast car but if I had enough balls to take my car to the track; I would want it to be prep accordingly because corvette's are known for wheel hop and well that's an expensive break and/or slamming in the walls or worse.. But until I find a good track and willing to risk about 8g's to make 1 pass I'll stick to my Mexico fun

Atleast Ohio has tracks that you can race at. My old neck of the woods had one track on the island and it was closed due to finances. If I wanted track prep, I would have to boat my car to california. To come from a place with no tracks to a state with tons and still her complaining is out there. At some point, your going to have to accept one of several things:

A. knuckle up and enjoy the ride

B. travel to a track that meets your standards

C. build something AWD, full a full chassis, and a bubble so you feel safe

D. sell everything and find another hobby.

E. set up your own track rental so it's up to your standards

When a car let alone a truck is going 8's-9s, it's going to be dicey no matter which way you slice the bread.

BINGFMOTHERFUCKINGO

There are going to be times that even a "good" track is going to have traction issues. What do you do when it gets hot? Post on mothernatureracing.com and ask her to turn down the heat?

If you are want "good track prep" for heads up racing you have to travel, period. If you are not willing to travel then learn to set your stuff up to run on less than perfect conditions.

Maybe go to some actual big events and race? When I ran NHRA Unleashed at trails that track was set on kill. Granted, they had NHRA people doing the prep, but bigger events bring out faster people and bring track prep.

Marion is a joke, they don't prep for TnT nights, and do just as shitty job of clean up if not worse than trails. I have been there 4 times, made 20-30 hits there and only had MAYBE 2 clean passes.

By Matts logic or lack there of... the shittier the track the better the prep. Sounds like he needs to go race at KD Dragway.

Note the return road.

Note the lack fo guardrail on the tower lane...

I have made a lot of passes at that place, fucking beyond sketchy. I have raced 4wheelers, bikes, and a home built car that was some tube steel, a seat, and driveline with no body.

Your missing the point. all tracks are skimping on track prep. i just think for a track rental it should include a pass or two with track bite. no way that should kill the budget. or offer it like bg is in may.

10 bucks a gallon im shure more fast cars would go.

Why don't you step up rent the track and buy them some track glue so you and all your friends can run your super fast awesome cars there and quit fucking bitching?

Is this how winter is going to be? Someone with "8s on E85" on their windsheild running 9s and blaming everyone else for 6 months?

I'm not blaming the track that I've only went 9.002 at marion this yr. I'm saying the best 60 ft I've seen at trails is a 1.59 marion 1.32 if marion sucks that bad and I can 60 ft 1.32. Where is the trail of old that gave a shit and preped the track. I should be able to go at least a 1.32 at trails if it is so much better right. I went 1.32 at kilkare as well. So what's that say for trails. All were tnt nights.

Dan called the track to complain no fucks given. And that's the problem someone has to die to to the track non prep for them to give a fuck. I think that's bs u won't change my mind.

Is this how winter is going to be? Someone with "8s on E85" on their windsheild running 9s and blaming everyone else for 6 months?

That's the problem. He's jinxing himself by doing that. I have been to 3 tracks in Ohio and those are:

Quaker City. Good track other than the water box is like trying to do a burnout over the Rocky Mountains.

42 and Norwalk. Believe it or not but there is some bad cars up this way that a lot of people don't know about. And most of them have been here. I've seen them make plenty of passes there that go way faster than you have. I personally have ran my fastest time at Norwalk. But TNT is so packed that no one goes there cause its crowded by a bunch of slow ass shit. So the remaining go to 42 and fill that place up on there TNT nights. He'll I even ran on the track for the last 3 years with snow on the track every New Years Day lol

I watched Jeff Lutz go 7.teensomething on a Wednesday night before drag week this year. When I saw him pull up the lanes I thought now way he's going to be able to make a full pass on a Wednesday night at Trails. Low and behold he did it and it was spectacular! My point is this, is it possible that your suspension or your truck as a whole is just not set up right? I know that my Cutlass "should" 60 somewhere in the low 40's to high 30's..."SHOULD". I know my best 60 is a paltry 1.45 and that is because I do not have my rear suspension set up for the power I am making. Thusly over the winter I have plans for switching over to a ladder bar set up. That should allow me to launch the car correctly and bring my 60's down to where I think they should be. I don't overly have a problem with the way Trails preps, I more have a problem with the way the facility is run.

I watched Jeff Lutz go 7.teensomething on a Wednesday night before drag week this year. When I saw him pull up the lanes I thought now way he's going to be able to make a full pass on a Wednesday night at Trails. Low and behold he did it and it was spectacular! My point is this, is it possible that your suspension or your truck as a whole is just not set up right? I know that my Cutlass "should" 60 somewhere in the low 40's to high 30's..."SHOULD". I know my best 60 is a paltry 1.45 and that is because I do not have my rear suspension set up for the power I am making. Thusly over the winter I have plans for switching over to a ladder bar set up. That should allow me to launch the car correctly and bring my 60's down to where I think they should be. I don't overly have a problem with the way Trails preps, I more have a problem with the way the facility is run.

Set up a suspension? Bring the power on later? Why do that when you can just go to Marion?

Ok I'm lost obvious my suspension sucks.

This yr same everything and lanuch boost

Kilkare 1.32

Marion 1.32

Trails 3 diff days 1.55 best

Explain your logic how that's a issue with my suspension and not a pos track without proper prep. I'm not racing a car here my weight split is 70/30 so yea its obvious my crappy suspension.

Damn I must go unbolt the 4 link remove the 1200dollar konis and install truck shocks and wagon wheels to make it hook at trails. I swear some of u smart people really are so stupid.

If u contine to let tracks run all over the racer how are we ever gona get good tracks back. Yes norwalk sucks who wants to drive 2.5 hrs for 1 maybe 2passes at best. Ill just stick to marion and kilkare and out 60ft so called good tracks every day of the week.

My worst 60 ft at kilkare or marion on 9psi was 1.40.

yep its dumn to not wana crash and get hurt because the local tracks won't prep.id sell all my shit and say fuckit. I understand most of u don't have 60000 in your cars u don't run faster than 11s so big fn deal. There is a reason fast cars don't show. I've been racing trails since 1997 and they used to spray the track and prep on a wen night to keep it safe. So did others.

And marion is not a great track at all. Just sucks it is faster for most fast cars nd it shouldn't be that way. So if your slower than 10s your opinion is mute u can run in the rain for all I care.

I thought you were going to start Street Racing since you didn't want to buy a Fire Suit.