legal marijuana? !

boosted98gst

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Long story short my good friend was injured while in the marines, lost his leg and serious back injures. Within a year he was addicted to oxycodone and oxycontin . Opiates are a motherfucker, just like for the junkies it takes more and more to releave the same amount of pain. No matter who you are, if you keep taking it over and over your body will become addicted. Be careful taking that stuff long term.

I can attest to this, I've had a Discetomy and prior to it and after I was on OxyCotin for 3 + years. When I was no longer in pain I kept taking them for a good month because every time I tried to quite I felt sick.... One day I got pist flushed the rest down the toilet..

1 day latter I was in a ball on the floor sick as hell. This lasted for 3-4 days.

But i doubt the money they make on weed bust are profitable.

They're still employing someone to do it and they need your tax money to employ the people that make the weed busts.

It's not that they're making any money from busting weed but they are keeping Gov't employees employed and keeping reasons to keep taxing you.

Prison systems and the war on drugs run off of our tax dollars. Cancel those programs and you cancel the need to collect tax from us for those programs.

Fund an agency to find drug dealers with our tax money.

Agency makes a drug bust and finds millions of dollars and dope.

Keep money and burn the dope, or maybe even put the dope back in the system to keep the cycle going.

People go to prison from drug bust, they need more of our tax dollars to keep the overcrowded prisons afloat or build new ones. Besides, if we release these prisoners there won't be any jobs for them out there anyway. They'll go sell drugs again to make ends meet. It's not hard to find someone once they've been a part of the system. Makes them a target for an easy bust with little resources put into it in the future.

If I was a pothead and weed became legal I don't think I'd be going to "My Guy" anymore to buy drugs. I'd grow the shit in my house. Where does the gov't collect tax on that?

The other point has also been brought up that it could kill the pharmaceutical business or put a big damper on it.

With our deficit, if changing one law would create 1 billion plus dollars within the year I think we would jump all over it. However you'll see many government programs become non existent and all of those gov't workers out of a job.

Prison systems and the war on drugs run off of our tax dollars. Cancel those programs and you cancel the need to collect tax from us for those programs.

Keep money and burn the dope, or maybe even put the dope back in the system to keep the cycle going.

People go to prison from drug bust, they need more of our tax dollars to keep the overcrowded prisons afloat or build new ones. Besides, if we release these prisoners there won't be any jobs for them out there anyway. They'll go sell drugs again to make ends meet. It's not hard to find someone once they've been a part of the system. Makes them a target for an easy bust with little resources put into it in the future.

If I was a pothead and weed became legal I don't think I'd be going to "My Guy" anymore to buy drugs. I'd grow the shit in my house. Where does the gov't collect tax on that?

The other point has also been brought up that it could kill the pharmaceutical business or put a big damper on it.

With our deficit, if changing one law would create 1 billion plus dollars within the year I think we would jump all over it. However you'll see many government programs become non existent and all of those gov't workers out of a job.

The gov should set it up like california, you need a card to grow or buy. Pay for the card yearly, have limits on what a person is allowed to grow or have. When you grow or buy ,do it like anything else from a legal dispecery and pay tax. If you grow over your limit sell the stuff back to the store, pay tax and use store credit . You are always going to have the assholes breaking rules but you would be surpized on how many people really follow the rules.

My wife worked for surgical oncologists for years....I call pure bullshit on this. Sorry.

Forks over Knives, just watch it.

I may be mixing it up with some other form of health problem, however I don't believe I am.

Changing you're eating habits to a raw food plant based diet will have a huge effect on your health. I'm not a vegan or vegetarian however, I know the American diet is not healthy and the food we are provided is shit for us. It's in my best interest to change the way I eat however it's not something I want to do right now.

A healthy diet and exercise have been shown to reverse forms of cancer, not all forms but some.

Exercise definitely promotes a person to adopt a more healthy diet. It can fix cancer.

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/articles/sports/explainer/2012/10/121011_EXP_LanceArmstrongEX.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg

With the legal places nobody wants to buy normal weed billy bob has, they want that shit thats in the dispecery . They have weed nerds cloning plants daily, this is the shit in hightimes magazine, this is the shit that amsterdam is trying to get ahold of and winning cannibus cups. Once you smoke /eat/ vaporize weed like this your not going to buy from shady ass "dealer" its just not worth it. They have so many different types which break it down from medical/recreational you can smoke on your mood. Most average people cant grow good weed, or have the room. Just more easy to do it legal because not only is it affordable but you pay tax and never have to mess around with sketchy people.

You think scientists are growing the medical weed in Cali?

It's just people growing pot that are putting more care into their grow because there is a huge demand for quality in Cali. Anyone can grow good weed if you have the right system and do everything to spec.

The people growing the best weed there aren't scientists but people that have dedicated their lives to growing weed and creating new phenos/ genetics for certain purposes.

Yes, Indica, Sativa and Hybrid will all have a different effect on the body and different strains will have a different effect as well. But a MJ plant can take on different characteristics than what it's supposed to have by not growing it correctly. There is literally just a demand for a certain quality in California that you won't find here in OH. With it being much more easy to get a license to grow and everyone doing it you need something to set yourself apart from all the other growers, all it is is time and care to your plant, something that makes the difference between a 50,000 dollar crop being sold to a club all at once or having to risk selling it on the street.

I could grow medical quality weed in my basement here in Ohio if I took the time, but why put 3 more weeks of work into it and thousands of more dollars to get a better system when I can sell it for the same amount because we simply don't have the demand for the highest quality.

I'm not disagreeing the quality in CA isn't better because it is WAY better, but only because there is a demand for it to be better.

With the legal places nobody wants to buy normal weed billy bob has, they want that shit thats in the dispecery . They have weed nerds cloning plants daily, this is the shit in hightimes magazine, this is the shit that amsterdam is trying to get ahold of and winning cannibus cups. Once you smoke /eat/ vaporize weed like this your not going to buy from shady ass "dealer" its just not worth it. They have so many different types which break it down from medical/recreational you can smoke on your mood. Most average people cant grow good weed, or have the room. Just more easy to do it legal because not only is it affordable but you pay tax and never have to mess around with sketchy people.

I can attest to this, I've had a Discetomy and prior to it and after I was on OxyCotin for 3 + years. When I was no longer in pain I kept taking them for a good month because every time I tried to quite I felt sick.... One day I got pist flushed the rest down the toilet..

1 day latter I was in a ball on the floor sick as hell. This lasted for 3-4 days.

Yeah opiate withdraws are nasty man, if nobody has ever witness anyone having them it looks like they are about to die.

You think scientists are growing the medical weed in Cali?

It's just people growing pot that are putting more care into their grow because there is a huge demand for quality in Cali. Anyone can grow good weed if you have the right system and do everything to spec.

The people growing the best weed there aren't scientists but people that have dedicated their lives to growing weed and creating new phenos/ genetics for certain purposes.

Yes, Indica, Sativa and Hybrid will all have a different effect on the body and different strains will have a different effect as well. There is literally just a demand for a certain quality in California that you won't find here in OH.

Alot of the growers/cloners are doctors. Any place in california that sells medical marijuana has a doctor in house. Where do you think the " good weed came from"? Some of the clones you buy are from plants genetically mixed with plants from, africa, china and are over 25 years old already. The best growers in california are doctors hands down. Nobody can afford the shit they have acess too. Hps systems, hyrdoponics,outdoor ,led have nothing on it. The weed i grow is 100 times better then anything in ohio because i use clones from the doctors, what they grown is on another level. These are the guys who own the world seed banks, nothing gets better.

Alot of the growers/cloners are doctors. Any place in california that sells medical marijuana has a doctor in house. Where do you think the " good weed came from"? Some of the clones you buy are from plants genetically mixed with plants from, africa, china and are over 25 years old already. The best growers in california are doctors hands down. Nobody can afford the shit they have acess too. Hps systems, hyrdoponics,outdoor ,led have nothing on it. The weed i grow is 100 times better then anything in ohio because i use clones from the doctors, what they grown is on another level. These are the guys who own the world seed banks, nothing gets better.

What is it that they have that I can't get other than exact genetics?

They're just running sealed rooms that are highly controlled in every aspect from light output, temperature, humidity, CO2 output and different growing techniques along with correct curing techniques.

Great genetics in a sub par grow room won't come close to decent genetics in a grow room done right, the same could be said for anything that you grow.

I'm not saying that Cali stuff isn't better, but the biggest contribution to it is because the market there demands it to be grown to it's full potential. Here in OH it doesn't.

Take the same genetics and give them to two different people and you can come up with an entirely different quality in product and quality in overall effect.

Give an experienced grower bag seed and a first timer the best genetics you can get. I'll put my $$ on the better end result coming from the experienced grower with bag seed over the first timer with the best genetics in the world.

Yes. The government employs people is the war on drugs, and some of those jobs may be lost. However, the war on drugs is not a cash flow positive operation. It costs tax payers a lot of money each year and it does nite appear to be getting any better. If the government were to regulate the growth, supply, and sales of marijuana I'm sure they would add more jobs than would be lost, it would actually bring in tax dollars, and could hurt the cartels. I don't think CO is doing it correctly as it doesn't look like they care where the weed comes from.

It doesn't really matter to me if a few government programs went away. Last I checked there were a couple trillion reasons to continue collecting tax revenue.