Sat 11/10/12 eat & hangout

Doc1647545523

Many of you will stop by the Highbanks Park meet Saturday 1-4. Here's the link if you missed it: http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107485

Since you'd already be north of the city, I thought many of us might feel like dinner and then heading on to Delaware to open the Hangout for the season.

My suggestion: Quaker Steak & Lube, meet there 4:30-5:00 before it gets too busy

Leave for the Hangout around 6:30. Hangout should be open by 7:00 for any people skipping QSL.

If you're a Hangout Virgin, there's Foosball, 55" screen with XB360 ready to go ... blue rays on hand include Fast & Furious 1-5, Boondock Saints 1 & 2. Forza 4 with wheel/pedal simulator setups. Sorry, I still haven't supercharged the air hockey, but it is playable. I should be picking up Forza Horizon today as well.

Heated shop area for work on your car, but only basic tools available and no lifts.

Please do not bring alcohol or drugs on the premises. A good variety of non-alcoholic drinks are provided free.

You're welcome to poke around my cars, but don't expect a museum experience. I haven't even cleaned the numbers off the Bentley from the last track day. :nono:

Stay as late as you want. Restrooms are on-site. Your parked cars are within eyesight. The front door will open at 7:00 p.m. Popo are bound to be watching your exit, so please, no ricer stuff. The hangout is smoke-free, but you can smoke in the garage (police your own butts) or smoke right outside the front door and use the smokers' station. Please do not throw butts in the parking lot or in the shrubbery.

In case you haven't been there, here are directions:

Howald Industrial Park

320 London Road, Suite 101 (in Building 100)

Delaware, Ohio

(across from the intersection of London Road & Liberty Road)

the place is 14 miles north of Home Depot/Sawmill

it is 1.5 miles from the large Jegs Warehouse at Route 42 and London Road

If you are coming from Columbus, it's easy to just go north on US 23 to the first Delaware exit (South Sandusky Street, exit to the left but turn right on Sandusky St., then go about a mile and turn left onto London Road at the McDonalds. The place will be on your right just after the Delco Drive Through.

If you are coming from Sawmill, go directly north on Sawmill Road until it ends at the Hyatts Road Roundabout. Turn right (east) on Hyatts Road, go into the village of Hyatts, turn left (north) on Liberty Road. Liberty road dead ends at the industrial park (turn left onto London Road, then immediately right, into the park).

Questions/problems: Text me at 740-405-5565. I've got a full day today, so be patient about me getting back to you.

Hope to see you Saturday night!

You're welcome to come to the Hangout, and if you find out that Sawmill's poppin', you're only 15 minutes away, and it's a straight shot down Liberty Road with one jog west to get onto Sawmill.

If Sawmill gets busy, I'm sure you won't be the only one heading out. ;)

Heck, if Sawmill is confirmed busy, we may head down as a convoy.

If he likes cars, he'll love it. He'll probably beat most of the guys at Forza 4.

If the language is at all inappropriate or a movie too intense for him, just ask the members around to tone it down a bit and they will.

The scene is so benign that some of the GF's have brought crocheting and gone into my office because they didn't want to watch a movie or were bored by the guys talking cars.

There's also a pretty smooth, painted floor in the garage for RC cars, if he has one he wants to bring.