Sep 16 Sat Ride / New concord ?

NinjaDoc

Home. 352 miles, it was awesome seeing everyone and what a perfect day weather wise.

Miss you already Nivin.

@durk  You should consider heated gear man. It really extends the beginning and end of the season. I have a jacket liner and gloves. I have ridden in the high 30's with no problem and I get cold easily. California Heat is what I have, but now that Gerbing is made in the US again they are also a good choice.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Pauly said:

@durk, I have two heated jacket liners and two controllers you can have. I believe they're TourMaster. If you're interested let me know and I'll take some pics. 

Dude, you’re too kind. Thank you for the offer, but it was my hands that couldn’t handle the cold the other day. I have some pretty thick gloves, but they weren’t cutting it. My cut off is usually 50°. When I left on Friday morning it was 42°. I’ve ridden in the upper 40s and been fine. Someday I’ll get off my wallet and buy some heated gloves. Multiple hobbies/toys asking for my money nowadays.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, durk said:

it was my hands that couldn’t handle the cold the other day. 

Try latex gloves under your riding gloves. Makes a huge difference. I think it's a wind chill thing.

That said, if you do decide to get gloves you will need a controller and will find you want the jacket liner because plugging in the gloves to the liner is a hell of a lot nicer than farting around running wires down the sleeves of your riding jacket.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Try latex gloves under your riding gloves. Makes a huge difference. I think it's a wind chill thing.

That said, if you do decide to get gloves you will need a controller and will find you want the jacket liner because plugging in the gloves to the liner is a hell of a lot nicer than farting around running wires down the sleeves of your riding jacket.

I thought about latex gloves. Almost like wearing rain gear, stops the wind. You’re a thinker you are Tonik. 👍

@Gpaw @Tonik thank you really for coming out. It was so awesome to meet you guys and the day being picture perfect was icing on the cake. Beautiful roads and fantastic company. 

Left Raleigh Thursday morning and got back Saturday, 3 days about 1700 miles, if which 1500 is all back roads and all excellent ones. This turned out to be an amazing trip. Relive memories as well as ride almost all of the old favorite roads. 

We took 20 all the way to 77 in Princeton which was an excellent ride as usual. Good think I avoided 250 or 33 from previous plan. This was hardly any traffic. reached home by 12. Mo checked into a hotel south of charlotte 

rick, the guy name is Mo, I never met him before and just randomly took a chance on total stranger wanting to ride when I posted in the local group here. It turns out he was an excellent riding partner. Hardcore, came all the way from Florida for This ride and he seems to have enjoyed every minute on these roads. 

@Gpaw sorry for the nut job ride, I was just too excited and went full bang just to relieve our glorious 164 tour days plus enjoyed the target game. . Even if cuckoo,  I think you had a blast, could see the grin inside your helmet all the time 🤣

@Tonik Mo wanted to let you know he was extremely grateful For the company and excellent tow. He has the Goldwing bean sprouting in his mind I think. 

You guys ever swing by the smokies please let me know, if free for sure will come by meet you there.  

till next time my friends. Here are the only few pics from today 

IMG_3044.jpeg

IMG_3052.jpeg

IMG_3069.jpeg

IMG_3077.jpeg

IMG_3065.jpeg

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, durk said:

I have some pretty thick gloves, but they weren’t cutting it. My cut off is usually 50°. When I left on Friday morning it was 42°. I’ve ridden in the upper 40s and been fine. Someday I’ll get off my wallet and buy some heated gloves.

@durk:  I won't poo-poo the idea of quality heated gloves, but I've ridden in temps down to the upper 20s without.  The suggestion of latex gloves under your gauntlet is a good one, especially if you run into cold fog or drizzle.  I "augment" the thermal quality of my regular MC gloves with the cheap/readily available heated hand warmers that hunters and other outdoorsmen use when the temps get ugly.  You can find them just about anywhere and they fit easily in your gloves.  I typically put them on the back of my hand to keep the blood warmed, which works great if you also have heated grips.  They make all different sizes for various applications.  They feel real good slipped into the waistband of your pants to keep your lower back toasty on cold mornings.  As long as the package is factory sealed, they're good for several years and most generate heat for a full 6-8 hours.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/HotHands-Hand-Warmer-10-Pair-Value-Pack/17808715?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&wl13=1521&adid=2222222227717808715_117755028669_12420145346&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=501107745824&wl4=pla-294505072980&wl5=9015737&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=17808715&wl13=1521&veh=sem_LIA&gclsrc=aw.ds&&adid=2222222223717808715_117755028669_12420145346&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=501107745824&wl4=pla-294505072980&wl5=9015737&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=local&wl12=17808715&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4ZPJyIqygQMVgTrUAR3uowM8EAQYAyABEgIA0PD_BwE

Edited by Bubba
  • Upvote 1