Anyone ever rent from Ardent property management or Triangle?

Brrcats

Unfortunately I'm not asking this because I'm thinking of moving into an apartment managed by this company, but because I'm thinking about moving out.

After doing a bit of research, I've found some pretty disheartening stories about this company and how they handle lease buyouts, and move out charges. I've seen examples of people being charged thousands of dollars for trumped up "cleaning and repairs".

At this stage you begin to receive phone calls from a lawyer? strong arm? whatever? who belittles you and berates you without much discussion for solution other than "pay what we say"

Here is an example

Apparently this "TC" has been the guy to call and strong arm people into paying, I've read complaints about him going back pretty far.

The BBB has quite a large number of complaints for this very thing, so many that the company actually changed its original name from Triangle to Ardent. The company apparently also no longer responds to the BBB for resolution on complaints.

I've read the lease, and there's no buyout clause, which means essentially its up to me to negotiate the terms of the buyout with the company or be liable for the term of the lease.

I've read the ORC with regards to tenants rights and so on and there does not appear to be legal basis for me to break the lease on breach of contract by the lease holder other than not giving 24 hours before entering the apartment, but thats pretty flimsy and I wouldnt be able to prove it.

So I'm hoping for some advice on how to protect myself from trumped up charges and damage to my credit from those charges.

Any experience would be helpful and any lawyer recommendations would be appreciated. I feel that I may end up needing one.

We had Ardent over on polaris behind toys r us. I spent a week cleaning that mother fucker before we moved out and they still charged us a boat load for "general cleaning". They also had shitty if at all snow removal in the winter time. It was a pretty large brand new complex. They should have had that sorted out before winter hit. Oh, one other thing, there was 1 dumpster for the entire complex. It was ALWAYS over flowing and trash everywhere around the dumpster area.

Other than that, not too many issues. We did go through like 4 resident managers in the year we lived there.

Did you try and contest any of the charges they claimed?

We also have seen a revolving door of residential managers, although some of the lower level girls are still the same and I am familiar and on a friendly level with them as I've been there for 2.5 years.

I'm at Polaris Crossing, right over by Chase

We cleaned the living hell out of our place, it was actually in better condtion than what we got it.

In the end they charged us for the blinds and that was it. I had a good relationship with our property people so that might have helped.

Was it an Ardent property?

I havent had any issues in the past, but those were ran by different companies in different states, etc.

I used to live right off of polaris and rent from Ardent. Seems a shady company to me for sure, and I have delt with the TC guy. They did trump up the charges on me to the tune of about 3 grand (after deposit was applied), but some was justified (carpets needed replaced because the washer flooded once, but they knew about that among other things). I didn't have the money in the time frame they wanted and they took it to court to get a judgement against me and my wife. On top of that I have an eviction on my record because of them when I shouldn't. The lease said you need to give 2 months notice in writing prior to moving out and I did such, but somehow got an eviction like a month after I moved out. Also, if any charges are deserved after you move out, the TC guy admitted that you can make an offer on what you owe and not have to pay the entire ammount.

Triangle has been ripping people off for years. 10 years ago a dated a girl that leasted for them. She said no one gets out uncharged. They are less than luxury and think they are high end. Taking them to court seems top be the only way to break even.

I used to live right off of polaris and rent from Ardent. Seems a shady company to me for sure, and I have delt with the TC guy. They did trump up the charges on me to the tune of about 3 grand (after deposit was applied), but some was justified (carpets needed replaced because the washer flooded once, but they knew about that among other things). I didn't have the money in the time frame they wanted and they took it to court to get a judgement against me and my wife. On top of that I have an eviction on my record because of them when I shouldn't. The lease said you need to give 2 months notice in writing prior to moving out and I did such, but somehow got an eviction like a month after I moved out. Also, if any charges are deserved after you move out, the TC guy admitted that you can make an offer on what you owe and not have to pay the entire ammount.

Did you have or pursue any recourse with the eviction? My main concern here is my cash flow and my credit score. I plan on puchasing a house in the near future and I dont want any of the shady dealings with this company to hinder that.

Did you have or pursue any recourse with the eviction? My main concern here is my cash flow and my credit score. I plan on puchasing a house in the near future and I dont want any of the shady dealings with this company to hinder that.

No, I've never pursued it, anytime I speak with any landlord I'm interested in renting from, I'm very up front about the fact that it is on my record and I explain it to them. I've not had a problem with it, but I don't go through any property management companies anymore. Someday I'll look into how to get it cleared from my record, but for now I have more priorities to worry about at the moment.

No, I've never pursued it, anytime I speak with any landlord I'm interested in renting from, I'm very up front about the fact that it is on my record and I explain it to them. I've not had a problem with it, but I don't go through any property management companies anymore. Someday I'll look into how to get it cleared from my record, but for now I have more priorities to worry about at the moment.

understandable, I expect to be in the next house for quite a while, so I need this to go off as easily as possible.

Is that video a call he had with you or is that just a random one off the internet? If anyone talked to me like that I would burn the entire place down with him in it.

Not sure I follow the entire situation here........

Anyway, wife and I rented from Triangle nearly 20 years ago with no problems but again, long time back.

Never from Ardent but I have from Triangle 10 or so years ago. I never had problem with cleaning charges and my deposit was always returned 100%. Maybe it's just my living habit but when I moved out of any apartment, I never got any problem and my deposit was returned or applied to the last month.

Is that video a call he had with you or is that just a random one off the internet? If anyone talked to me like that I would burn the entire place down with him in it.

Not sure I follow the entire situation here........

Anyway, wife and I rented from Triangle nearly 20 years ago with no problems but again, long time back.

I would make it my lifes work finding him.

Thats just a vid i was linked to, it wasnt me. I cant believe the lack of professionalism shown here. Obviously TC isnt a real name, but if I were treated like that you'd bet your ass I'd be finding that guy.

I'd like to avoid all that drama though.

Basically the situation is that I'm in a lease for another 7 months or so, however I may have an opportunity for a great deal on a house in the next few months. So I'm trying to mitigate as much risk as possible from falling into the situation of fighting trumped up cleaning charges and fighting with this TC guy.

I lived with these shady fucks. I moved and cleaned my place and got a bill for window seals dirty, blinds dusty, etc...a bunch of BS. In fact, I refused to pay and they took me to court. Always always take before and after pics. Fuck Ardent!

Lived in a Triangle property in Grove City about 11-12 years ago, fullfilled my year lease and moved out. The apartment was brand new, and I cleaned well when I moved out to the point of carpet cleaning. Cost me about $1k in "clean-up" fees because the carpet wasn't clean. It was total horseshit. My wife paid it just to move on, but the place was just so so as apartments go.

Funny thing is, they gave us a washer and drier for moving in and signing a year lease, guess I actually bought the shit.

I lived with these shady fucks. I moved and cleaned my place and got a bill for window seals dirty, blinds dusty, etc...a bunch of BS. In fact, I refused to pay and they took me to court. Always always take before and after pics. Fuck Ardent!

I did take before pictures and was extremely picky in documenting what was wrong with the apartment before I moved in. My computer crashed though and I lost those pictures. I should still have the written documentation though.

I'm going to photograph and videotape the apartment after I get done cleaning. If they allow me to be there during the inspection, which they are supposed to, then I should hopefully be able to properly protect myself from them padding the repair bill.

I'm fully expecting having to go to court though, hope for the best, plan for the worst. When you went did you represent yourself or did you hire a lawyer?

Also is there a way to search court cases? Perhaps I can study up and see what people did against this company to win?

Hey, I thought you were buying house.

Thats the plan, I"d prefer to not have to keep my apartment as well though.

LOL TC, god I loved messing with that guy. Wife and I lived in Fieldstone Trace, near Polaris, back before we bought our house in Westerville. Lived in the appartment for 3+ years, never had a problem. Moved out and ended up receiving a bill from them for over $7,000 in cleaning and repairs. All of it complete bull shit. Then the calls from my old buddy TC trying all the tricks in the books. My wife and I both have worked in all stages of collections and know our rights. Had some interesting conversations with TC about the bull shit charges and such. Many times him telling us they would take us to court. Last time I talked to him, we told him, see you there. Shortly afterwords, a good lawyer friend of ours, looked over the lease, bill, our proof of no damage, obtained written statements from friends, neighbors, etc about the condition of the apartment when they helped us move. He called TC up and also had a good conversation with him and we have never received another phone call from them.

About once every 3 months, we get letters from Triangle (never was Triangle when we lived there) letter head threating to take us to court. They also send those letters out to anyone on your applications. So our friends and parents get them too. We keep them all in a file if they ever come after us. But they are outside the statute of limitations to sue us and always keep a close eye on our credit report and they have never put anything on my wife's or mine.

TC is his real name (shortened) he is a family member of one of the owners of Ardent.

Only word of suggestion for you is if you are still living in the apartment, take photos with time and date stamp of everything before you move out. If they try to charge you for trumped up cleanging or repair charges ask for photo proof of the before and after, as well as the receipts for the work actually performed. Good luck.

I would contact a lawyer and cover your ass 100% for getting out without getting harassed. There are legal ways to get out of a lease without major cost. You would want to hire a cleaning company to clean it and so on. Keep all records of everything.

LOL TC, god I loved messing with that guy. Wife and I lived in Fieldstone Trace, near Polaris, back before we bought our house in Westerville. Lived in the appartment for 3+ years, never had a problem. Moved out and ended up receiving a bill from them for over $7,000 in cleaning and repairs. All of it complete bull shit. Then the calls from my old buddy TC trying all the tricks in the books. My wife and I both have worked in all stages of collections and know our rights. Had some interesting conversations with TC about the bull shit charges and such. Many times him telling us they would take us to court. Last time I talked to him, we told him, see you there. Shortly afterwords, a good lawyer friend of ours, looked over the lease, bill, our proof of no damage, obtained written statements from friends, neighbors, etc about the condition of the apartment when they helped us move. He called TC up and also had a good conversation with him and we have never received another phone call from them.

About once every 3 months, we get letters from Triangle (never was Triangle when we lived there) letter head threating to take us to court. They also send those letters out to anyone on your applications. So our friends and parents get them too. We keep them all in a file if they ever come after us. But they are outside the statute of limitations to sue us and always keep a close eye on our credit report and they have never put anything on my wife's or mine.

TC is his real name (shortened) he is a family member of one of the owners of Ardent.

Only word of suggestion for you is if you are still living in the apartment, take photos with time and date stamp of everything before you move out. If they try to charge you for trumped up cleanging or repair charges ask for photo proof of the before and after, as well as the receipts for the work actually performed. Good luck.

I"ve read several complaints originating from fieldstone terrace. I plan on documenting as much as possible. Hopefully it will be enough. I'm not worried so much about proving myself in court, but I'm concerned over credit damage from being in collections on bogus charges.

I would contact a lawyer and cover your ass 100% for getting out without getting harassed.

Agreed, if any of you that have had experience with this company in the past have used a lawyer to help you fight your case please send me their contact information. I would prefer to use someone that is familiar with the tactics used by this company to scam people.