dash light issues after remote start install....

pontiacfreak142

so i got a deal from best buy that i couldnt pass up. its a $300 compustar keyless entry/ remote start kit, but the package was geek squad installed it for a total of $199+ tax. after picking up the car, i realized why they knocked $100 off to have their guys install it. the top part of my tach, lower part of my speedo, volt gauge and half my radio are all dimmed. Not the the point where you cant see, but deffinately darker than the rest. also the radio has this neat little trick where when on, the numbers for the channel selects light up, and when turned off, the rewind, fast forward, and so on light up instead.

any one have any idea if this is something i might be able to fix on my own, or am i gonna have lose my car for another day while geek squad attempts to fix it?

of and this is on my bonneville if it matters.

Take it to Dom at the reynodsburg best buy, at least he is "master" certified, they will warranty their work no matter which best buy you purchased from. If you are near the north side of town, Jay is another "master tech" that works at the polaris best buy. if it were my car Id ask them to fix it right.

Take it to Dom at the reynodsburg best buy, at least he is "master" certified, they will warranty their work no matter which best buy you purchased from. If you are near the north side of town, Jay is another "master tech" that works at the polaris best buy. if it were my car Id ask them to fix it right.

thats the one i had it done at is in reynoldsburg.

i figured taking it back was the best bet, i just hate losing my car for most of a day.

Not sure what they would've spliced into to accomplish that, but take it back and calmly explain that it isn't right. If they don't know or can't fix it, tell them you are going to the dealer to figure out what they fucked up and bring it to me. Return with said bill, they'll figure something out.

Not sure what they would've spliced into to accomplish that, but take it back and calmly explain that it isn't right. If they don't know or can't fix it, tell them you are going to the dealer to figure out what they fucked up and bring it to me. Return with said bill, they'll figure something out.

sounds good to me sir. im going to take it in tomorrow after i get off work and will let you know if im bringing it down or not.

• 2 weeks later...
Nope, still waiting to hear back from best buys coorperate office. I did take the car back to them and was told i could beat on the dash to get the lights to come back on because they "tend to just randomly go bad" i did get them back for a temporary fix, but was told i would need a new dash.

Not to stray off topic, but I want best buy to install a remote start on my '06 Chevy 2500 DMAx and I'm afraid to let them touch it because of stories like this. I'm from Dayton and I don't know any guys here at the best buys to do it, but I'd gladly take it to Columbus an have it done if someone would tell me where to go and which guy to have do it. Feel free to PM me info guys.

Thanks...now back to regularly scheduled thread.

was told i could beat on the dash to get the lights to come back on because they "tend to just randomly go bad" i did get them back for a temporary fix, but was told i would need a new dash.

Really??? GTFO. I would beat on the service rep for even suggesting that. If it was working before hand they messed something up be it a splice or the system just sucks.

Really??? GTFO. I would beat on the service rep for even suggesting that. If it was working before hand they messed something up be it a splice or the system just sucks.

Oh i know, i wouldnt have touched it except for the fact that my fiance drives it, so i needed them on. The worst part that pissed me off the most was that, before they even looked at it, the guy tried to feed me some shit that the bulbs in early 2000 gm cars were shit and that i could go buy some new bulbs and we could "work something out" to have them install them (he didnt realize they were sauterd (sp?) On to the board). After words he told me i could go buy a new dash for 400 bucks and they would put it in...