Wow way issues-explanations

mrs.cos

I lol'd because you used the word "wonky". I've been using that word lately when I have a few "drinks". Time to get a lil wonky. Wonky could also be used in terms of wanting to get wild n crazy. "Lets get wonky and go run into that mosh pit." or "Man I'm feeling wonky, might go see if that whale wants to smash tonite."

and now I feel poor lol with my one 42" crappy TV

From what i understand this will be the norm till the line is "fixed".

They had no estimates when i talked to them sunday night.

I think thier goal is to have SD at least for most channels during Main TV watching hours and work on it at night (thats when i am seeing my cable go away)

(this is all speculation)

well i got this email last night..

Dear WOW! Customer,

I’m contacting you with an update and a heartfelt apology. We recently changed our billing system. Despite a tremendous amount of advance preparation, a number of issues have resulted that affect our service to you. Because the billing system is connected to every aspect of our business, you may have encountered impossibly long waits when you’ve tried to reach us, and our technicians may have been delayed in helping you.

I cannot apologize enough for our poor service over the last few weeks. I can only assure you that hundreds of WOW! employees are working day and night to resolve all the issues that affect you. We’re making progress every day, but we know it’s not fast enough. We are grateful for your patience, and completely understand your frustration. We’ll continue to update you as new information becomes available.

This is not the message we’d like to be sending you on Thanksgiving. As we work to regain your trust, we give thanks for the opportunity to serve you, and we wish you and your family a wonderful holiday.

Sincerely,

Colleen Abdoulah

Chief Executive Officer and Chairwoman of the Board

WOW! Internet, Cable and Phone

So I got the Ultra TV setup and it seems decent. The interface can be a bit unresponsive at times but, the best feature is the PC connect. From any TV you can pull up your computer and play videos in the Movie folder. It has to be WMV so I am in the middle of converting a bunch of stuff. AVS Video Converter has been solid so far.

Looks like at least the Pickerington area is being hit by bad issues right now. Last time all the pixelation crap/missing HD channels happened it was just my TV. Now my internet is having problems as well. About to go through the ~45 minute call to get some credits.

lol... nevermind the phone call I guess. Just getting a busy signal when I call their support line. GG.

• 1 month later...
Going from their old DVR to Ultra was seriously like s 20-30 year jump in technology...lol.

I finally upgraded to wow ultra, called them yesterday and had it installed tonight.

And I completely agree. Wow is it much better!! Only 7$ a month more for us.