HAPPY 21ST GINGER

copperhead

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr133/probin007/4DE5AFE2-E2F7-4414-B025-949F28B2EF38-206-0000000ADE28CD15.jpg

:lolguy:

I've had 2 different drinks lately made with Ginger Beer and they were both really good even though I don't like (pickled) ginger. The most recent one was a muel, the other one was a month or two ago so I don't 100% remember but I think it was a take on the muel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hundred years ago, European explorers captured and took back a native Indian named Squanto as a slave. Squanto learned English while living in London.

Squanto eventually made his way back to his homeland on the East coast of the (later to be) USA.

When he made it back, he found that his entire tribe was killed off by a disease brought by the Europeans. Surrounding tribes were so scared, they refused to take over the land. Squanto's area was soon the only unclaimed area on the East coast.

A couple years later, these folks known as Pilgrims made their way here. The story of them even making it is incredible in itself. Anyways, they didn't land where they wanted to. They somehow managed to land in the one and only vacant area, and where an English-speaking Indian was living to boot.

Within the first couple years, many man, woman and children were dieing from many things, including lack of food.

Guess who came along and taught them how to live off the local land? Squanto was also part of the very first Thanksgiving. When he was on his deathbed, he asked the Pilgrims to pray that he would go to their Lord.

Hollywood couldn't write that.