Serenity

zeitgeist57

Just watched it on Netflix per my brothers recommendation. Excellent sci-fI flick, and I'm not normally one for this genre. Moves quickly with some good action.

Not gonna watch "firefly". The movie was good enough for me.

You should have watched Firefly first. Serenity was the only closure the show got, as it was cut down in its prime.

I couldn't get past the revolver ray guns. It's just trying to hard to be a western in space.

They weren't ray guns. They were simple revolvers that fire slugs. Most of the weapons are traditional style.

You're missing out if you don't watch the series. Easily one of my all time favorites. In fact I had both the series and movie on DVD and recently rebought them on Blu-ray. The movie only gets better when you know the back story.

You need to watch Firefly. Seriously one of the best sci-fi series made. Unfortunately, it was short-lived.

There is no reason for you to not watch it. Its really good.

Seriously.

You should have watched Firefly first. Serenity was the only closure the show got, as it was cut down in its prime.

This

Word. Love TNG. It's on BBC ALL the time.

It's really one of the best shows I've ever seen. Grew up watching it with my dad, and I think Jean-Luc Picard is the reason I have such an interest in foreign diplomacy.

Also, :megusta: Deanna Troi and her spacesuit cameltoe

• 1 month later...
Bump, just got done watching BSG for the first time and going to start Firefly today to eventually watch Serenity whenever I get done with that.

Awesome. I was hooked on BSG and sad when I got to the end.

I'm watching Dollhouse on Netflix now. Sounds gay but its another Joss Wheadon show. The premise is that a company has found a way to wipe people's memory at will, then give them whatever memories and thoughts they want in order to perform tasks for high paying customers. It stars Eliza Dushku running around half naked so yeah, its worth watching.

ITT: NERRRRRDS.

Firefly is pretty good though.

I constantly watch Star Trek: TNG on Netflix

Im going to have to check out this Firefly and Serenity.

The wife and I just started watching TNG again from the beginning. Bearded Riker > Non-bearded Riker.

Babylon 5 was one of the best shows on at the time, and might still be the only one to have been planned out, start-to-end. Season 4 got rushed since it was an open question up until the very last moment whether or not the last season would get the go-ahead, but it's interesting to see how things in S1 affect things in S4/S5.