automotive schools

The_buster

Tossing around the idea of going to an automotive school. Id like to go to UNOH for high performance/auto tech. But the cost and job market worry me a little. Uti wants me to move to arizona, not happening. Anyone know of other local schools that are comparable? My other option is surgical tech. Started down that path after graduation and was told I was too young. Any helpful info is appreciated.

there's a UTI in Chicago, I think Columbus State still has the Ford program, Sinclair (Dayton Oh) has GM and Chrysler programs. If your wanting a high performance class then Northwestern, and its not that far from you. I have 3 friends that went to Northwestern 1 is working as a diesel tech in Lima still, another was working down at Kenworth, the other got a job at the Honda plant doing Transmission dyno's.

so if your gonna go to Northwestern, UTI etc.. you'll get a decent paying job in a dealership or plant vs. some small service center or quick lube type place

Edited by SinisterSS

Sinclair Has a Honda PACT course I believe as well. I know of a few good friends who went to UNOH, one for Honda, and another for diesel. The Honda guy has a very good job at a Honda dealer, and the diesel guy is working for an International shop making BANK.

there's a UTI in Chicago, I think Columbus State still has the Ford program, Sinclair (Dayton Oh) has GM and Chrysler programs. If your wanting a high performance class then Northwestern, and its not that far from you. I have 3 friends that went to Northwestern 1 is working as a diesel tech in Lima still, another was working down at Kenworth, the other got a job at the Honda plant doing Transmission dyno's.

so if your gonna go to Northwestern, UTI etc.. you'll get a decent paying job in a dealership or plant vs. some small service center or quick lube type place

whos your buddy at the honda trans plant?

if your interested in body work/ fiberglass work than unoh is not for you. there is only one class that deals with fiberglass work and you spend a week at most on it. now if your serious about auto repair, joining a race team or diesel tech, than unoh is the school for you.

you do know alot math IS involved in the Automotive service field right?

Not as much as fawking Engineering (like calculus n shit). Only courses I took in Auto. Tech that were math-intensive were Electrical and to a small degree Auto. Trans/Brakes.

Almost never bust out the calculator outside of the classroom.

Edited by acklac7