g8 gt vs. 2006-2007 cts-v

2pointslow

Come spring i will be looking to get into another car. I don't really see the need for a 2 door sports car so i will be looking at something with 4 doors.

What are the pros vs. cons between the 2 cars? Issues to look for between the 2 and which one would be the better overall pick?

Plans would be minor bolt on's, lower and wheels.

If it matters to you the g8 gt only comes in automatic, the gxp has a 6spd option, also I'm not 100% sure but the gt has a L76 motor, vs the ls3 or ls6 or whatever used in the V, I'd go with the V, i wouldn't think there would be a huge weight difference and both will be expensive Maitenence wise mainly because g8 are Aussie cars but the V will offer interior wise such as nicer leather, factory nav, heated seats.

For the looks its a Toss up I love the looks of both cars, I'd pick a gxp over a v but a v over a gt

I'm interested in hearing some of the pros/cons from anybody who has owned a CTS-V. I was offered an '04 with 87k and cash that I'm considering. Has heads, cam, longtubes and a Creative Steel rear with an Auburn carrier with 4.10s and 1000 hp axles. I've always thought I'd like to try one out, but just not sure about them. I know the 04-05s have a weak rear, but obviously that's been handled with the one I've been offered.

I'm interested in hearing some of the pros/cons from anybody who has owned a CTS-V. I was offered an '04 with 87k and cash that I'm considering. Has heads, cam, longtubes and a Creative Steel rear with an Auburn carrier with 4.10s and 1000 hp axles. I've always thought I'd like to try one out, but just not sure about them. I know the 04-05s have a weak rear, but obviously that's been handled with the one I've been offered.

Scott, Casey, or POS VETT would be very knowledgeable in that area.

I had an 04' for about a year. Definitely was one of my favorite cars I've owned. Regretted selling it for years. (I had the CTS-V the same time I had my single turbo 03 Cobra as well). Most of the CTS-V's have a 100k drive train warranty through Cadillac too. Germain hooked my car up and gave me a brand new CTS to drive while they worked on it.

First off, I am biased, I love mine as much as Jones loves his Audis. However, that being said, I would drive a G8 but really wanted a manual tranny and did not feel like looking for the GXP unicorn. The CTSv is a considerably smaller car. As far as reliability, there are a couple of common issues on a v...motor mounts, differential bushing, and the "weak" rear end. The rear end will asplode with wheel hop. If you want a drag car neither will fit the bill well in my mind. The v strikes a great balance between good ride and good handling. They are not simple to lower due to the auto leveling shocks on the rear but, in my mind, they sit pretty low stock (shut up farkas). Long and short of it, I don't think you can go wrong.

+1 for the V.

Never had anyone whos owned one speak poorly of them.

You'll hate the automatic g8 very quickly imo.

If you can't drive a stick in traffic without crying, buy a smart car and a pink dress rather then both of them.

you would enjoy this too much:p

ive been debating between the same 2 cars. hoping i can pick 1 up as soon as i get a few things paid off in the coming months.

both are badass for what they are. im more of a pontiac guy, so ive been leaning towards a G8, but currently they seem to run about 5K higher in price than some of the V's im finding. although once the new chevy SS comes out, that could change.