g8 gt vs. 2006-2007 cts-v

2pointslow

My G8 has been dead reliable, I have had it since March and have put 22k on it, and they have been very hard miles. With bolt ons and spray it makes 470/600 and dead hooks on the street. A few people on the board can attest to how hard I have drove this car and how well it does on the street. I don't think I will ever regret my purchase of the car.

My G8 has been dead reliable, I have had it since March and have put 22k on it, and they have been very hard miles. With bolt ons and spray it makes 470/600 and dead hooks on the street. A few people on the board can attest to how hard I have drove this car and how well it does on the street. I don't think I will ever regret my purchase of the car.

you beat the shit out of that car :lol:

first ever 12.5 champion

I had an 09 G8 Gt and I absolutely loved it. Rode fantastic on the freeway. Plenty of room in the back seat for passengers. My bro and I are both 6 ft + and sat fine in the back. You can run 87 in it and get decent mileage. The only issue we had with it were the ball joints. But if you get the newly designed ones you'll be ok.

Still mad I had to get rid of it.

Throughout this whole conversation I couldn't help but think E55.

You can get '04-05's with reasonable mileage (60k) for $22-25.

Anyhow, they're comfy, have a million gadgets, 480hp, 500tq, auto and really very mechanically reliable platform. Maybe something to consider.

I've thought about it, what would the maintenance and repair differences in cost between the V and e55?

dunno...it's a benz so parts are "expensive" I guess when you need them but we've really not had any big issues with ours ever, always little nagging things go wrong. I do all of my own maintenance work so I really don't worry about labor rates.

We've owned ours 3.5 years and in that time I've replaced one of the air shocks (re-manned units are $400), Drivers door handle because the keyless entry sensor went out ($130), heat exchanger pump ($140), and valve in the A/C system that was stuck ($45). Wife daily drives it and loves it.

Ran 12.6 at the trails rental earlier this year with the A/C on and on snow tires :D

They aren't the most involving cars to drive...that's my main problem with it. I'm guessing the CTS and G8 aren't either though. I'm all about driving experience so I'm a little picky in that area.

dunno...it's a benz so parts are "expensive" I guess when you need them but we've really not had any big issues with ours ever, always little nagging things go wrong. I do all of my own maintenance work so I really don't worry about labor rates.

We've owned ours 3.5 years and in that time I've replaced one of the air shocks (re-manned units are $400), Drivers door handle because the keyless entry sensor went out ($130), heat exchanger pump ($140), and valve in the A/C system that was stuck ($45). Wife daily drives it and loves it.

Ran 12.6 at the trails rental earlier this year with the A/C on and on snow tires :D

They aren't the most involving cars to drive...that's my main problem with it. I'm guessing the CTS and G8 aren't either though. I'm all about driving experience so I'm a little picky in that area.

Hmmm might have to add this to the list.

• 3 weeks later...
Glad I'm not the only one who has had this soul searching moment. Once spring comes around and a 4 door more "adult" sedan becomes something I am truly going to consider these are 2 of my demons I must confront...personally I know if I get a G8 there's no way I won't have it under the knife within months. Plus it would look sexy in the garage next to the LeMans :) The CTS-V might survive such a fate.