2001 jeep wj trans starter flywheel chatter??

Stimmel1647545512

2001 WJ quadraTrac 74120 miles, 4.7 v8 had the car make a chatter comming from underneat the car, shop told me it sounded like a starter staying engaged and hitting the flywheel, the problem was only occasionally, went away for a few weeks came back, So i put a new started in the car, all was good for a few days and now its back!!

No major problems with the car always fires right up when i did the starter there were no shims and the mopar unit came out, does this sound like a got a bad starter out of the box? does this sound like maybe loose flywheel bolts? anyone ever had a similar problem? I did the starter and it was fine for days, problem popped back up friday night didnt drive the car at all until today did it every time i drove it today!

The noise seems to be non existent when in neutral or low rpm but leaving a stop its present, doesnt do it in reverse what so ever regardless the rpm and does not do it in neutral unless the rpm is on the 4k or high side, my next step would be to put it on a lift and have someone check the flywheel for cracks or loose bolts, that being said I tried to include as much info as possible.

If that's not it, I have heard the 4.7 makes this noise right before a piston lets go. Something to do with carbon build up lets go off the top of a piston, bounces around and scores the cylinder walls.

not what i was hoping for ha, like it said its a totally random occurance

It's sitting still??? He is under the truck taking a video.

Mine was making a horrible noise while sitting as well before I removed the front drive shaft. When I got under it, it was obvious though as the CV was jittering a lot.

Just say'n

had a reputable shop look at it all day, all bolts are tight and everyhting is in place, upon inspection of the flywheel something is making contact with it ever so slightly to make this god awful noise!

next step new flywheel possible crack, either way trans has to come out!

ANY TAKERS?