North End Wrench - Sean (Crossle)

zeitgeist57

I've known that Sean was at N.E.W. in Clintonville (off Indianola) for awhile now, but really never inquired about service...until my Passat wouldn't start a couple of Tuesdays ago!

Long story short, Northend Wrench is an awesome service shop. If you don't know the quality, you can at least observe the half dozen or more classic Porsche/VW/Audi metal in the parking lot to know they are decently regarded. Within a couple of days, my car was back up and Sean pointed out a couple of minor fixes for some shit I missed myself. My Passat is 12 years old and DD'ing over 152k miles...but it hasn't driven this nicely in years. I'm a cheap bastard too, but the rates and what they charged me were very fair as well.

Needless to say, working on VAG cars is not the easiest thing, but Sean and Northend Wrench are definitely my go-to guys. Check them out. :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks Clay and Doc for the kind words. Certainly means a lot to us as a shop, and myself personally.

Tim, it turned out to be a faulty coolant temp sensor that was reading -41*C. Thus the fuel injection maps were adjusted to an extreme that made the car near impossible to start. The smoke was rich/fuel burn off, it smelled like pure fuel at start up.

Thanks Clay and Doc for the kind words. Certainly means a lot to us as a shop, and myself personally.

Tim, it turned out to be a faulty coolant temp sensor that was reading -41*C. Thus the fuel injection maps were adjusted to an extreme that made the car near impossible to start. The smoke was rich/fuel burn off, it smelled like pure fuel at start up.

Annnnd, was logged in as Erica again.

Drove to Akron and back on Thursday, Cleveland and back on Friday, Cleveland and back again today. 80+mph, 27+mpg, and smooth as a sewing machine. A ton more pep above 3000rpms than it's had in years. :thumbup:

Brought back some old love for the Passat again. The chinky-chinese Sailun tires are hella cupped after 34k+ miles without a rotation :eek:...maybe some RS3-knockoff wheels and new tires? :)