Camcorder

Aaron

So in todays world, where does the camcorder sit?

Has it been replaced by point and shoot cameras, and their ability to record video?

I want to get something to take videos. I wanted something to provide quality videos for the next 5 years or so.

Budget is $300 max.

Thanks.

I think the camcorder as it was is mostly gone, in terms of personal and non-professional use. Yes, having been replaced with smartphones and point-and-shoots, and semi-professional with DSLRs. The dedicated, full-fledged digital video recorders will break your $300 budget fairly quickly I think.

I think the camcorder as it was is mostly gone, in terms of personal and non-professional use. Yes, having been replaced with smartphones and point-and-shoots, and semi-professional with DSLRs. The dedicated, full-fledged digital video recorders will break your $300 budget fairly quickly I think.

I agree with this, but hate smart phone video, it looks like ass.

Like anything photo related you get what you pay for. My next one will be a semi-professional style like 1320 video uses.

I actually disagree.

There are lots of good dedicated camcorders out there.

Just like with a DSLR, you need to decided what you want from the camrea.

camcorderreview

I am in the process of getting Nathan a digicam for christmas, and have been looking for some very specific thigns.

(he wants a mic input, and i think a light input would be good too)

I have been reading Camcorder Info for good reviews, as a suggestion from some of my photography friends. Its been very useful

There also some nice DSLRs from Sony that have great camcordre functionality (constant focus) as well

check out snapsort as well to compare models