DTC & the Holy Grail, Saturday May 23rd

Fonzie

Central Ohio Castle Tour Ride. 6 weeks out from today. It's the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. Still leaves you the rest of the weekend to spend with the fam grillin' out, chillaxin' icon_e_wink.gif

For conciseness, planning thread is here........

http://dysfunctionaltravelingcircus.freeforums.org/dtc-the-holy-grail-saturday-may-23rd-t9.html

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks like a great ride to see some Ohio history.

GoJira's idea....I'm lookin' forward to it too John. Hope you're gonna make it out with us! He's posted a map of the route already. There's supposed to be some good grub recommendations as well, but he's gotta go back & get that piece, along with the castle locations. Hard part's gonna be deciding on a good meat spot for everyone in the loop, since people are cumin' from all parts of the state

Can you lock this please, so I only have one planning thread to keep track of? Everyone's welcome to follow the link above & participate on our new board. Thanx

Edited by Fonzie

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, hell yeah. There is a really cool one out in Knox where I am from, but not open to public and not on the map I think... If we go near it we can always take a detour. I can tell you that out there we have a good 20minutes minimum to hang out and look around before any law enforcement will arrive, and they will just tell us to fuck off as long as we don't do damage... Country cops that are miles away and don't really care what you do outside of city limits and off the roads.

I'm so in, and hopefully my GF is too... if can get her on the back of my cruiser for 200+mi that is. (she prefers the posture on a sport bike and bitches incessantly at me about "riding a fucking armchair down the road.") I just won't give her a distance figure and tell here there is ice cream on the way... that should work...

I vote for meeting up on the south leg of the circuit, near Dublin/Worthington. I don't live in Dublin anymore, but that is the easiest from anywhere in 270 I think.

you got your bike back together?? that was fast...

No. It's prolly gonna be down until I leave. Damn insurance company is dragging it's feet. They have had the estimate now for a week. Just called me on Thursday. It's gonna take two weeks to get the parts in. I'm hoping they call me early in the week, and tell me the check is on the way, and I can start ordering.

got justin in and maybe max power.... if he can get his bike back together by then...

That's cool.....I was just thinkin' of Max & gettin' ready to PM him when I read this ;)

I won't be able to make this ride Fonz. I leave the day before for vacation.

That sux Case. BTW.....What'd happened to your bike that I apprarently missed?

More info's bein' hashed out, for those interested.......

http://dysfunctionaltravelingcircus.freeforums.org/dtc-the-holy-grail-saturday-may-23rd-t9.html

Edited by Fonzie

• 3 weeks later...