the buster

The_buster

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Nissan ever released a 6 speed gtr it would be around 20k cheaper and yes a lot slower but it would finally require a driver mod for the true car enthusiasts.. As someone stated before. Car enthusiasts and auto does not belong in the same sentence. I never said any stock gtr can run 10's factory stock but the 2013 can so re-cap yourself bud. There's a sequential 6 speed for the corvette. Lg makes them but will cost you close to 25,000$ (transmission only) Works well and is impressive but I can't suffix to giving up rowing gears

Why would it cost less? Nissan would have to spend time and money developing a manual transmission that could handle the power. In terms of complexity, a manual transmission is less costly, but when you factor in the production costs of implementing a second transmission choice, it would likely cost the same as the DSG.

Why would it cost less? Nissan would have to spend time and money developing a manual transmission that could handle the power. In terms of complexity, a manual transmission is less costly, but when you factor in the production costs of implementing a second transmission choice, it would likely cost the same as the DSG.

Throwing a m6 in the gtr wouldn't cost near as much as they spent in making the dsg. They wouldn't have near the same results as they do now. The gtr doesn't make much power stock and it don't take much of a transmission to handle there Tq.. Hell if they fab a r34 getreg trans to work it wouldn't cost that much. I could see the GTR losing maybe a full sec n half in the 1/4 onverting to manual but it would be more fun to drive and cheaper to build/tune, but most importantly it would require a driver mod for the true car enthusiasts.

Imstock is a worthless turd who believes that everything ever written is fact and bases all of his arguments on Wikipedia searches and YouTube.

Ok bitch made faggot.. Find something in ANY if my posts that you think is false and I will point you in the right direction. When I don't know something I find out about it or ask questions . I don't throw false flags and complain like a bitch. It's better to be a well rounded enthusiast than a narrow minded dooshbag. I come off as a corvette fan boy because yal ask questions or try to question my athorition! The gtr shit is just what I think about them, everyone has there right to state w/e you want. Like omega gtr this and that. Nice shop car on race gas but it's just that.. Lmr c6 nice shop car on race gas and until it gets beat by any other kind of platform than its king. I wasn't expecting it to be. Figure ugr would taken that! Accept it or hate it. I don't have a shop car on race gas..It's something I built in a little garage on jackstands, impressive for a corvette and the amount of cash I have in it I could easily built a much faster car. But it wouldn't be the same. Mech isn't my job nor is it something Im going to school for, just a hobbie I admire

Throwing a m6 in the gtr wouldn't cost near as much as they spent in making the dsg. They wouldn't have near the same results as they do now. The gtr doesn't make much power stock and it don't take much of a transmission to handle there Tq.. Hell if they fab a r34 getreg trans to work it wouldn't cost that much. I could see the GTR losing maybe a full sec n half in the 1/4 onverting to manual but it would be more fun to drive and cheaper to build/tune, but most importantly it would require a driver mod for the true car enthusiasts.

You realize that the '13 gtr makes 30 more hp and 20 less tq than a '13 z06 vette? So are you saying a z06 is weak in stock form too?

And please stop using the term driver mod, that refers to someone being a shit driver. A car with a manual trans would require a good driver to run good times at the track. Saying it requires a driver mod automatically says the owner is a shit driver. That being said, you have referred to your car needing a driver mod... hows your driving?

One last thing, if you wonder why people on this site are so abrasive towards you, it could be because your coming off as a know it all. Try being a little more humble, there are people on this site who know way more than your internet search would provide you, mostly because they have real world expirence. Also, the word salads your providing aren't helping you any.

You admittedly don't have the driver mod.

You of all people, should look into a GTR, plus they are far harder to wreck, which is a huge plus.

U keep trying to make your point across on something? I'm confused. Is your panties soaking wet because you have something to say? Step up then. How you about to claim I can't drive when you or no one you know ever raced me? Is it because I never went to the drag strip with my drag tire/rims on? I have no care for the 1/4.. I have a street car that I refuse to give up ride quality for a fast slip. Someday when you have a street car fast enough.. You'll understand

I get more likes than dislikes about it. First time I heard that. Autozone vette. I don't think pictures does it justice.. Looks far more impressive (for a vette) in person. Those pictures was taken with a iPhone 3

I've seen your car in person, it's the very definition of "AutoZone Corvette."

U keep trying to make your point across on something? I'm confused. Is your panties soaking wet because you have something to say? Step up then. How you about to claim I can't drive when you or no one you know ever raced me? Is it because I never went to the drag strip with my drag tire/rims on? I have no care for the 1/4.. I have a street car that I refuse to give up ride quality for a fast slip. Someday when you have a street car fast enough.. You'll understand

You really come off as a total dumbass you know this right? You are swining your dick around here like you are some badass street racer mofo.

Beatercamaro your talking about at the fly wheel hp.. You do realize being awd vs rwd it's going to have subquently less awhp vs flywheel hp. C6z aren't that powerful in stock form.. It's the power to weight that makes them insane. People have gained subquently more hp than stock with mild shit. I looked it up and the Cobb cat back 2013 gtr makes 460awhp and bone stock m6 c6z's makes 440-460ish. Mod for mod gtr will walk a c6z until the c6z gets boosted.. After that's it's max effort and well we all know who takes that

Ok bitch made faggot.. Find something in ANY if my posts that you think is false and I will point you in the right direction. When I don't know something I find out about it or ask questions . I don't throw false flags and complain like a bitch. It's better to be a well rounded enthusiast than a narrow minded dooshbag. I come off as a corvette fan boy because yal ask questions or try to question my athorition! The gtr shit is just what I think about them, everyone has there right to state w/e you want. Like omega gtr this and that. Nice shop car on race gas but it's just that.. Lmr c6 nice shop car on race gas and until it gets beat by any other kind of platform than its king. I wasn't expecting it to be. Figure ugr would taken that! Accept it or hate it. I don't have a shop car on race gas..It's something I built in a little garage on jackstands, impressive for a corvette and the amount of cash I have in it I could easily built a much faster car. But it wouldn't be the same. Mech isn't my job nor is it something Im going to school for, just a hobbie I admire

Are you stupid? You are the most narrow minded on CR with your countless rants about the C6 being better than everything and why it's such the prime definition of what a sports car is.

Edited by Geeesammy

Beatercamaro your talking about at the fly wheel hp.. You do realize being awd vs rwd it's going to have subquently less awhp vs flywheel hp. C6z aren't that powerful in stock form.. It's the power to weight that makes them insane. People have gained subquently more hp than stock with mild shit. I looked it up and the Cobb cat back 2013 gtr makes 460awhp and bone stock m6 c6z's makes 440-460ish. Mod for mod gtr will walk a c6z until the c6z gets boosted.. After that's it's max effort and well we all know who takes that

You realize that the trans has to take all the power that the engine produces at the flywheel though right?

You really come off as a total dumbass you know this right? You are swining your dick around here like you are some badass street racer mofo.

imstock, you should really take this comment seriously. He's as laid back as anyone you will meet is a dam good person.

Since you have been on this board, you have annoyed more long time members who have been on here almost 10 years(I'm not a longtime member) then maybe even Wiggs with your know it all attitude. If you know so much, then go work for Nissan to develop the GTR or Chevy so you can take the all holy corvette to the next level. If not, no one gives a shit and drop it.

Let's be honest, the fastest you have been is 12's and just because you decided to blow money on a vette when you no longer making the same money in the military does not in any way make you know more than the next person.

What you are forgetting is there are people here who are master mechanics, own race shops, tune cars for living, go 7's while traveling the country, etc. People that actually make a living professionally with high dollar builds/clients. Just do us all a favor and drop the I know everything act quickly because it's wearing thin. Just because you live online at message boards, doesn't mean jack shit to anyone.

Your demeanor honestly reminds me of a know it all Honda-tech member who thinks they are the king shit of the Wal-Mart parking lot. You knock Thebuster for being a ricer, yet you do everything possible to act the same if not worse. Atleast he is willing to admit he doesn't know much and wants to learn more at the end of the day. I'm shocked you don't tYpe LiCk ThiS Yo.

This will be the last thing I ever type to you because your either going to get it or continue to waste space on the internet.

Being on this board is privledge(sp) and I consider myself lucky to stumble on it because it's a great resource to pick great minds, meet good people, and business'. Your finding every way possible to piss off quite a few of them in the process. You should really step back and take a look at your arrogant ways because the way it stands, it's a toss up between you and Wiggs as to who is the king tool bag on this forum.

It all started when someone started gtr nut swinging.. I corrected them that the only thing way a vette will beat a gtr is in the 1/4. some one started talking crap about stuff they didn't know so I guided them in the right direction. I'm not trying I claim the c6 is the greatest platform for racing but it's a proven platform As well as most American vehicles. some seeks vehicle brochures for salvation.. I seek videos and average joe's response on vehicles. Tim Switzer himself on his own website said, Nissan gtr; turns dentists and doctors into John force at a push of the button. I didn't knew much about the gtr besides impressive 1/4 and Mexico videos but that quote coming from one of gtr's top performance shops was enough said.. After that I kinda dispise the gtr. If anyone that can afford the car can make it run that fast in the 1/4 with nearly no seat time then what's the point? I'm not a fan of Sheeps and the if everyone can do it than it must be cool. Everyone has there opinion on certain vehicles and ones they hate. I don't bash them for it do I? I agreed with them. Corvettes are point in click,plastic go carts, cavalier interiors, old mans car.. W/e I see them as a high performance light weight all round platform. Your not going to talk shit and expect me not to reply. It's the kitchen gents and it's what it's made for. I really didn't want to go that hard on jones but he did mention the say stuff 3 different times in 2 different threads so he was calling for it. I'm sorry if I come off as a know it all but I do know quite a bit of info regarding cars.. If you asked a question I'll try and find the answer..