the buster

The_buster

Don't worry, he will blame fucking the packages up on his phone. buster and imstock have to be related somehow....

All likely daily driven. That's in TX as well, not OH.

50 miles from my zip, I started at $22,000 and went up on $1,000 increments until I found one.

Stopped at $26,000 and it was an '05 with 60,000 miles. 4 previous owners.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=43082&endYear=2014&modelCode1=CORV&startYear=2005&makeCode1=CHEV&sellerTypes=b&numRecords=25&searchRadius=50&maxPrice=26000&minPrice=1&captureSearch=true&Log=0

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry, he will blame fucking the packages up on his phone. buster and imstock have to be related somehow....

All likely daily driven. That's in TX as well, not OH.

50 miles from my zip, I started at $22,000 and went up on $1,000 increments until I found one.

Stopped at $26,000 and it was an '05 with 60,000 miles. 4 previous owners.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=43082&endYear=2014&modelCode1=CORV&startYear=2005&makeCode1=CHEV&sellerTypes=b&numRecords=25&searchRadius=50&maxPrice=26000&minPrice=1&captureSearch=true&Log=0

Not that I want to agree with anyone, but I have seen really high mileage C6s come up once in a while for $18k and up. Most start in the upper $20s. I've seen C5s sell for around $10k with a lot of miles, but its whatever. If you want a nice low mileage C6 expect to spend mid-upper 30s.

Not that I want to agree with anyone, but I have seen really high mileage C6s come up once in a while for $18k and up. Most start in the upper $20s. I've seen C5s sell for around $10k with a lot of miles, but its whatever. If you want a nice low mileage C6 expect to spend mid-upper 30s.

I've seen a few like those you mentioned. I'd rather stay far away, im sure the mile on them haven't been the easiest, especially one with a few owners...

I'm not gonna hate on the GTR but if it's truly an enthusiast car, why can't you get one with a stick? I don't care how advanced or super fancy the automatic is, as an enthusiast I want three pedals and I want to bang my own gears.

I think that's the point imstock2 was trying to make about it being a car that any Jimmy Jackoff can go out and buy, his execution was just a bit off

:lolguy:...you haven't got a clue how to get someones panties wet. I could care less, you are just another broke dick idiot that read some stuff online and think you've got it all figured out. Who has the keyboard warrior headband?...pretty obvious based on your posts.

GT-R's don't need commercials, they sell themselves.

Again, keyboard clue...go educate yourself on your own car please, it's the 1LT trim package NOT LT1.

Maybe you should have your eyes checked because those aren't bus lengths: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvFJZEuQhsk&feature=player_embedded Then again, you can't even post correct facts about the cars you want to bench race so continue digging.. You obviously know nothing about the GTR trans in manual mode but whatever.

Now the Vett needs a drag setup for roll races, are you kidding? Maybe if you cruised more than your trailer park you'd see more imports than rusted out Civic's with a pipe on them (1 or 2 that's 12's or better LOL). According to you ALL GTR's run 10's stock so that's a hell of a lot more than 1 or 2.

Funny how you talk about your well rounded sports car but CONSTANTLY talk about straight line speed. :dumb: I guess I need to go tell everyone to start removing sway bars to get decent times. Have you EVER ran your car on a track of any kind?

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/tumblr_mdki9gRTtt1r9g4gho1_400.jpg

I'm not gonna hate on the GTR but if it's truly an enthusiast car, why can't you get one with a stick? I don't care how advanced or super fancy the automatic is, as an enthusiast I want three pedals and I want to bang my own gears.

I think that's the point imstock2 was trying to make about it being a car that any Jimmy Jackoff can go out and buy, his execution was just a bit off

I agree but it's a sign of the times. The GTR isn't the only one...Ferrari, McLaren, Bugatti, etc...have a lineup with auto "only" cars.

Even the new Vette is going to have an 8-speed auto option. They have proven themselves and that's what a lot of people want these days. Some think it takes away from the driving experience....meh...

why can't you get one with a stick?

Because it would make it slower, less reliable, and well overall shittier at everything.

See sig, I'm not a fan of auto's but the DCT/DSG boxes of today are amazing.

I presume you know they are not an "automatic" but merely dual clutch/split transmission rig that has no torque converter?

Shifts faster than any human could ever.

No loss of boost between shifts, while not having a torque converter = no loss of acceleration during shifts.

The only true "loss" is you are not doing it manually.

I can't think of anyone who would really want a GTR in a manual.

Because it would make it slower, less reliable, and well overall shittier at everything.

I presume you know they are not an "automatic" but merely dual clutch/split transmission rig that has no torque converter?

No loss of boost between shifts, while not having a torque converter = no loss of acceleration during shifts.

I've not driven a GTR but I've driven a few EVO SST's and WOW it's a amazing feeling to shift @ wot. feels like a kick in the ass.

FFS on sti's is pretty fun if you take the time to properly dial it in.

I agree but it's a sign of the times. The GTR isn't the only one...Ferrari, McLaren, Bugatti, etc...have a lineup with auto "only" cars.

Even the new Vette is going to have an 8-speed auto option. They have proven themselves and that's what a lot of people want these days. Some think it takes away from the driving experience....meh...

You guys are right and I'm probably in the minority, but personally the "loss" of doing it manually would be a downer for someone like myself. I have 1000x more fun driving a stick than an identical car with an auto. I haven't driven a GTR or Ferarri or anything with a DSG, but the idea of spending that kind of money on a sports car without a stick just seems weird to me, no matter how much better the auto is on paper.

I've not driven a GTR but I've driven a few EVO SST's and WOW it's a amazing feeling to shift @ wot. feels like a kick in the ass.

FFS on sti's is pretty fun if you take the time to properly dial it in.

Yup, not even the Dyno Brian's of the world can shift in 8ms....

Imagine over a 4 gear race the time saved with several 200-250ms (dyno brian speed) shifts vs 8ms...

You just can't win..

:gabe:

You guys are right and I'm probably in the minority, but personally the "loss" of doing it manually would be a downer for someone like myself. I have 1000x more fun driving a stick than an identical car with an auto. I haven't driven a GTR or Ferarri or anything with a DSG, but the idea of spending that kind of money on a sports car without a stick just seems weird to me, no matter how much better the auto is on paper.

I'm with you for the most part.

I never thought I'd ever entertain one until I drove one.

The feeling is insane..

And no, this isn't the same experience you get from a Ford Fiesta "DSG".

They aren't doing it right.

I'm with you for the most part.

I never thought I'd ever entertain one until I drove one.

The feeling is insane..

And no, this isn't the same experience you get from a Ford Fiesta "DSG".

They aren't doing it right.

Seeing as how the most "advanced" automatic I have driven in a performance car is a 6-speed auto in an 08 C6, I really can't judge. But 'enthusiast car' and 'automatic' in the same sentence just doesn't sound right

Seeing as how the most "advanced" automatic I have driven in a performance car is a 6-speed auto in an 08 C6, I really can't judge. But 'enthusiast car' and 'automatic' in the same sentence just doesn't sound right

You'll note they aren't called automatics for a reason, they share nothing with what you would normally call an "automatic".

They DSG's or "Dual Clutch Gearbox" ect. ect.

Shitty video:

A GTR is insane on shifts. Even in stock form, which I've ridden in, was incredible. I surely would prefer a 6 speed because nothing beats the feeling of rowing gears, but they were chasing a time and a car, they did what had to be done, and like the reasons stated before, the bits of time saved per shift even against the fastest shifter is incredible. Not to mention human error, aka missed shifts.