the buster

The_buster

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The base lt1 interior is nasty.. When you get an lt3 it gets nice... Heated leather seats,heads up display,touch screen radio, 12 way adjustable seat, memory seats, not bad or a sports car IMHO

But there is yet another valid point. Nissan doesn't make you add all these "packages" and "trims" and options. They say "Oh, hey, you have some brains, instead of making this more complex than needed, we will give you either A. The model that kicks ass or B. The model that REALLY kicks ass.

Gm made these packages so the average dude going through his mid life crises could afford it.. Gtr's is by no means affordable for the average person... Hell even a stout wealthy guy. You would need to make over 6 figures to afford a gtr and live a decent life style with an ok house.. Where as a base new c6 50-70k/year .. At one point early this year gm was giving away brand new lt1 base c6 @38k$

At one point early this year gm was giving away brand new lt1 base c6 @38k$

Because that was the only way they could sell them....no one wanted them...how many thousands of dollars did GM spend on it's marketing for the C6's? LOADS. Ever see a GT-R commercial? Don't even say yes because their weren't any. Nissan has a reputation of making great shit.

GM...well...piston slap, dried lifters....

A new GT-R that would spank and outlast a 'Vette is $96,820. Call around to Nissan Dealers and see if they have as many sitting around as Chevy does of 'Vette's. :dumb:

EDIT: And also Carlos Ghosn's goal wasn't for it to be affordable for someone in a mid-life crisis. It was for a serious enthusiast that didn't want to spend well into the 100g's for a Porsche...they did that and more.

You can be a poor man and be a serious car enthuasit. That's no excuse. Gtr is well impressive for the dollar.. I would probity like them if they had a stick. Well they don't. And just as Tim Switzer quote's... GTR can turn dentists and doctors into John force at a push of the button.. YouTube a 2013 gtr in car 1/4... Push lc button bring up rpm.. Then just click or let the car shift for you and 10sec passes. As you claimed take a 700hp gtr and vs a 700vette.. Not sure about that one but I can show you a video of a 850 vette vs a 890 gtr from 40-200.. Well the vette was at 212 and the gtr was at 185 when they let off. Power to weight still wins over there DCT

Push lc button bring up rpm.. Then just click or let the car shift for you and 10sec passes.

Yup, see what technology can do?

Isn't it great?

Fact: you have a much higher chance of winning most street encounters with a High HP GTR VS High HP vette.

The guy in the vette who loses, still loses, even if he wants to cry foul that all he other guy had to do was hold the go pedal.

"I had wheelspin" or "I missed a gear" doesn't get your pride back.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22532597.jpg

That's true. But I would rather have a car that

Makes things interesting than one that does everything for me.. If you play gran trismo then you can drive a gtr to its full potential in a drag race or rice roll.. Kinda reminds me of that TT Lamborghini that didn't know what brake boost was lol

About the gtr/maxima resemblance, I can see hints of the gtr in the front end. Bumper design and headlight sweep mildly hint at it but its there. I like the gtr, but I like the r32/33's better. And again what if the car is already here? Do the taxes and inspections still apply?

That's true. But I would rather have a car that

Makes things interesting than one that does everything for me.. If you play gran trismo the you can drive a gtr to its full potential in a drag race or rice roll

So you aren't for roll racing?

1/4 mile is your thing?

I wonder if you could keep up with a stock GTR after that TT kit? :gabe:

10's or shame.

No way boss.. I def need some tires before I do 1/4. Then again it's to much of a gamble.. Even though I have a built drive train that's "rated" for 800rwhp slightest wheel hop and you can kiss 10k$ good bye. That would take me a little over a year to recover just so I could say I went 10's ,9's w/e. Not worth it. If I don't break first 11.5 + pass and your done and waste of gas money. rather do rice rolls so it limits out wheel hop for the most part.

rice roll.

No way boss.. I def need some tires before I do 1/4. Then again it's to much of a gamble.. Even though I have a built drive train that's "rated" for 800rwhp slightest wheel hop and you can kiss 10k$ good bye. That would take me a little over a year to recover just so I could say I went 10's ,9's w/e. Not worth it. If I don't break first 11.5 + pass and your done and waste of gas money. rather do rice rolls so it limits out wheel hop for the most part.

:dumb:

lol

Jones look up how much a rpm lvl 5 with bells and whistles + 890$ main shaft and a built stage 2 diff for a corvette is without core charge. You break the casing then you have no core to refund. Buster corvettes are known for wheel hop and breaking there diff/trans. Ever wonder why there's 7 sec 6 speeds everything else and for some reason the fastest m6 c6 ran a 9.3 and was just a h/c c6z with 150 shot and slicks.. A Manuel c6 is just to risky/hard to run 1/4.. I sound like a corvette fan boy lol.. But yes theres quite a bit of 1,200 + rwhp m6 cars. That would pass a standing mile before that 9.3 c6z jut passes the 1/2 mile (lil ricer math lol)

Jones look up how much a rpm lvl 5 with bells and whistles + 890$ main shaft and a built stage 2 diff for a corvette is without core charge. You break the casing then you have no core to refund. Buster corvettes are known for wheel hop and breaking there diff/trans. Ever wonder why there's 7 sec 6 speeds everything else and for some reason the fastest m6 c6 ran a 9.3 and was just a h/c c6z with 150 shot and slicks.. A Manuel c6 is just to risky/hard to run 1/4.. I sound like a corvette fan boy lol

Sounds like a pretty janky setup.

H/c = head work and cam being your only internal work done to your motor and you have all the supporting mods (bolt ons).. You might hear cam only that's cam being the only thing they changed in there motor. Bolt ons are just that.. Headers,intake,cai,und pulley, in extrem cases vacuum pump and electric water pump.