2013 KING OF THE STREETS "put your money where you mouth is" thread

coltboostin

Don King is back and wants to set the tables for a heated 2013. It seems like there is a lot of heat already int he CR kitchen-lets see what you are really made of!

This is what I am thinking to make it fair/all encompassing.Feel free to add your thoughts and ideas.

$100 buy in. This gets you into the party.

3 Contests-

1)Dyno. WHP per Liter to make it fair. Dyno must be witnessed my other CR members, or verified by video. Entrants post their engine size at the time of payment.

2)Quickest car- Fastest ET. Slicks OK. No celebrity drivers!

3)Fastest car- best MPH. Same rules apply.

This would be eligible to CR members only. These also have to be STREET cars. Plated, street driven, and flown to Mexico every now and again. No rules on interior, exhaust..ect. If you are BauCe enough to drive on the street with a side exit exhaust (SLowTalon for example) then your good in my book. The other members of CR will determent eligibility if there is a question.

Winners awarded as follows-

33% for wining any one arena. (EX-if you win 2, you get 66% of the total pot) If one person wins all 3 categories, you get the whole pot! I will personally get a fitting trophy and T shits made for you-and cover your tab at a crowning ceremony at the place of your choosing!

Also-I am considering doing this for either ClevelandRacing AND ColumbusRacing, or both forums separately.

Let me know what you guys think.

Also-let me know if you would be in for this.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like ray or mark would take them all or at least 2 of 3 with ease. Street driven is weak and same with having valid ohio plates. I do like the idea and concept and would be interested in trying my hand.

When would the end date be to have the fastest pass or would this be at a track rental...

if said car needed to take a lap around 270 or some kind of 30 mile cruise. like a true street event and provide valid insurance and what not than that would be more competitive.

It seems like ray or mark would take them all or at least 2 of 3 with ease. Street driven is weak and same with having valid ohio plates. I do like the idea and concept and would be interested in trying my hand.

When would the end date be to have the fastest pass or would this be at a track rental...

Ray and Mark's car do not fit the definition of "street" car for the purposes of this. By street car, I mean a car that you drive during the week, race when the border is open. -It would look normal driving in traffic. You drive to the track and back. Take to work on Fridays-has passenger seats..HVAC...ect. If you car has not seen "action" on the street since 2010, you don't fit the bill. Hell considering yours is a trailer queen, some may question your car! Just an example of what I am taking about-and what other members of CR can "vote" on.

I think all would agree, including Mark and Ray, that Ray and Mark's cars are not street cars anymore.

Would be sweet to set up a mile event... Fastest mile and fastest mile trap.. For the dyno it should be best power to weight. Get your hp Per lb and add with you Tq per lb to get your final overall number for the win not rocket science and gives v8's a chance... Hp per liter you would need a race car if you have a v8.All vehicles should be pump gas..93 or e85

Ray and Mark's car do not fit the definition of "street" car for the purposes of this. By street car, I mean a car that you drive during the week, race when the border is open. -It would look normal driving in traffic. You drive to the track and back. Take to work on Fridays-has passenger seats..HVAC...ect. If you car has not seen "action" on the street since 2010, you don't fit the bill. Hell considering yours is a trailer queen, some may question your car! Just an example of what I am taking about-and what other members of CR can "vote" on.

I think all would agree, including Mark and Ray, that Ray and Mark's cars are not street cars anymore.

fair enough. Mine is not a trailer queen I drove it to good guys this year and some other shows as well. I dont have HVAC but it has a complete interior with passenger seats and belts.

You did not say 2010 as the pre req...

I can drive mine to trails and home and looks as normal as about any other 72 nova on the street.

Oh well I guess you want to narrow your field

I also dont play on the street and your 3 competitions have nothing to do with the street

Might be a little wild of a suggestion, especially given the fact I wouldn't be entering..but I know some AutoX sanctions multiply turbo cars displacement by 1.5 to somewhat "level the field" for N/A cars. Just something I felt I should throw out there.

fair enough. Mine is not a trailer queen I drove it to good guys this year and some other shows as well. I dont have HVAC but it has a complete interior with passenger seats and belts.

You did not say 2010 as the pre req...

I can drive mine to trails and home and looks as normal as about any other 72 nova on the street.

Oh well I guess you want to narrow your field

I also dont play on the street and your 3 competitions have nothing to do with the street

I was just giving you shit. :)

From what I know of your car-I'd say YOUR car is a street car. You'd be in IMO

Might be a little wild of a suggestion, especially given the fact I wouldn't be entering..but I know some AutoX sanctions multiply turbo cars displacement by 1.5 to somewhat "level the field" for N/A cars. Just something I felt I should throw out there.

Thats what I am suggesting for NA, juts make it a percentage. A certain % for dyno/trap/et

Like the idea.

Good idea to separate street cars vs others would be to meet then hold like a 20-30 mile cruise to a restaurant. 1. To get food 2. Find out if the cars are road worthy.

I know that in the rroc meets for the cars to be judged they drive 50-100miles

Like the idea.

Good idea to separate street cars vs others would be to meet then hold like a 20-30 mile cruise to a restaurant. 1. To get food 2. Find out if the cars are road worthy.

I know that in the rroc meets for the cars to be judged they drive 50-100miles

And either get fuel from your local myer (e85) or from bp (93).. I have 2 people agreeing with me.. Fastest mile mph and et should be an event and and the hp/liter favors the 4clyd class to much

This is going to end in a pile of bitching. JP if I were you I would set the rules closer to what dragweek does or maybe NMCA/NMRA/LSX Shootout true street rules.

That way it takes the grey area away, people know where they stand, and you can seperate out via power adders vs NA.