Fuel to the fire for the Dyno debate

On BR's Dino-supposedly reads "very" low

583 whp/430 ft lbs

20 psi was reached at 4727 rpm

Peak boost was 30.90 psi

Boost at 8,000 rpm was 30.02

Average AFR's were 11.4:1

Air intake temps:57.20 degrees

So Peter's car gained 36 whp and 32 ft lbs of torque.

A side note to this. The timing curve was NOT CHANGED AT ALL. The timing curve stayed exactly the same through all the testing. Knock counts in the mid range actually dropped just a little because the peak torque now is happening a little later than with the stock ported intake.

Very impressive gains. Very impressive pump gas numbers. Peter's car weighs 2620 with no driver. This is easily a 9 second pump gas daily driver.

Also note, this is on BP93 octane that was bought on the way here. NO ALCOHOL.

**This car was driven back to New Jersey 7 hours after this dyno was done. Peter got an unbelievable 33 mpg. Two days later the car was driven to CT to ICS and dyno'd on their AWD Dynojet where the car put down 615 and 619 whp on two consecutive dyno runs!! This is the first pump gas EVO to break 600 whp. Congrats Peter.

Thats only a 6% difference b/w a dynojet and the heartbreaker-is a situation where Dave did not know he was going to be providing basically back to back results.

Reference

http://highboostforum.com/forum/showthread.php/20866-Intake-manifold-dyno-tests-and-facts-only

• 2 weeks later...
BRB. Going to go and get the title in my name for this Hayabusa.

http://titanserver.servepics.com/Titan%20Server/Pictures/Brad%20Turbo%20Busa/DSC00280.JPG

373 whp on a stock motor with a GT35R (15psi) and the Corn. :)

287 hp/liter. :)

Count me in with the bikes!!! Can't mess with the busa on the Dyno, but I'd love to get a lane next to it!!! Lol

Unofficial Rules-comment away. The web site looks GREAT so far- thanks to Ben for setting that up! This will go live this weekend

Entry Rules and Fees

Contest Entry is $100 per car. Multiple cars per driver are allowed but $100 will be needed for each car. All entrants must be a member of CLEVELAND RACING or sign up for a username on the site. This will get you access to the forum for tracking purposes, and access to a Private member’s only section for "street discussion". All entrants will get a T-Shirt and all discounts/opportunists offered by the sponsors.

Current Sponsors Include

Back Street Performance

Big 3 Racing

Detective Coating

IPS Motorsports

TI Dyno

McBrides Horsepower

Buschur Racing

Entry Deadline is March 1st. Late entries will be $150 by April 15th and $200 by June 1st. NO entries after that date! If there isn't at least 15 entries by March 1st I will cancel the contest on this forum as I don’t want to waste the sponsors time and money.

Entrants will list car make/model/mods-ect. Provide a picture that will go on a website to track the progress of the entrants. All dyno runs and track times MUST be verified with a sheet signed by a sponsor and a backed up time slip! All dyno #, ET, and MPH entries must be made between March 1st and Dec 30th. ONLY runs made AFTER entry into the contest will count. If you Dyno’d 1000whp on March 30th and enter on April 5th, you can’t use that dyno for this contest.

Eligible cars - Any and all street driven and raced cars. Must be plated, insured and be driven on the street often. No alcohol (as a primary fuel) and must have a radiator, doors, Dash, and Front Glass. Your car must be known and judged as a street car by your peers - that’s about it. We are not going to bog this down with a bunch of rules and regulations - we are all big boys with common sense. This is a contest governed by the racers. If your car is a racecar, you will be called out and forfeit your spot - PERIOD. If you have a question or concern if your car is a race car, post up and ask. NO CELEBRITY DRIVERS.

Big thanks to the sponsors already on board - Backstreet Performance, Big 3 Racing, TI Dyno, and IPS Motorsports, McBrides, and Buschur Racing. These will be the official Dynos for the contest and they only ones that can be used for scoring. Also for you DSM guys - ECM Tuning will offer a 15% discount on all products (when ordered and verified though me)! If you need anything - shoot me an email. I will also offer FREE tuning/assistance with any DSMlink customer. Cincinnati Members- Turn in Concepts will likely be on board by the end of the week (2wd and 4wd)

For the current official dynos - any contestants will get $50 dyno time for baseline pulls! (Please call in advance to schedule appointment). For AWD Dynos, $75. ($75 both ways for Bushcur) This is cheaper than anytime during the year besides select dyno days, so this is a benefit for anyone who enters! If you are getting work done by any of the said shops and Dyno in conjunction for testing or tuning, these will also count for the contest.

There will be a 8% Bump for Mustang and Dyno Dynamics Dyno #’s - no bump for automatic transmission cars as this is a WHP contest, not motor HP.

Big 3, Backstreet performance, and TI dyno are also offering big discounts for dyno rental and tuning specials for people in the contest. Please call for pricing and availability - don't try to BS them as they will have a list of competitors. Big 3 is also offering 10% off Minimum advertized price for EFI, Turbonetics, and may other brands for participants with FREE shipping! Call Big 3 for details.

The Contests

WHEEL HORSE POWER-Sponsored by Backstreet performance

HIGHEST OVERALL WHP will 20% of total pot + trophy winners t-shirt+McBride's HP swag+$100 Detective Coatings gift card! If there is a 5% or less difference b/w 1st and 2nd place, a dyno day will be held at Backstreet Performance at no cost to the competitors.

HIGHEST WHP per liter 20% of total pot + trophy If there is a 5% or less difference b/w 1st and 2nd place, a dyno day will be held at Backstreet Performance at no cost to the competitors.

If there are at least 20 entrants-we will split 5% off for highest NA WHP

ET Contest-Sponsored by Detective Coatings

Best ET - 25% of the pot, + trophy winners t-shirt +McBride's HP swag and a $50 Big 3 Gift card+$100 Detective Coatings gift card! Any tires/fuel/power adders allowed.

MPH contest-Sponsored by Big 3 Racing

Best MPH - 25% of the pot, + trophy winners t-shirt+McBride's HP swag and a $50 Big 3 gift card. Same rules apply!

Note- If there is at least 10 NA entrants, we will split 5% off each put for the NA ET/MPH winner. 10% if there is 20 or more NA Entrants.

Street Sweeper

“Street Sweeper”-10% of the Pot+Tropthy+Winners T Shirt.+McBride's HP swag

This will go to the car that has "done the most work" throughout the year. Not JUST wins, but the guy that was out there racing all year long and winning most races at the drag strip, road course, airfield and any “other” types of side by side racing. This will be judged by the contest entrants only!

There will also be some prizes raffled off and available to anyone who signs up+other incentives for people who don’t feel they will be "competitive". I also plan on holding an awards banquette at the end of the year somewhere interesting if there is enough interest.

There is a lot of incentive for people that feel they don’t have a chance at winning any one part; t-shirts, discounts, prizes, ect. Also the more cars that enter the more we can break this down. I want this to be fun and motivate you to push your cars performance and potential all year long!.

Edited by coltboostin

In Cash, Correct.

Plus Winners get Specific Swag, Trophies, and the other sponsors prize offerings and of course, bragging rights. Everyone that enters at least gets a T Shirt and entries into drawings of other sponsored prizes-access to the private forum, and an invite to the banquette. The more participation he more effort I will put into this-remember this is making me less than zero $, as I am assuming I will have some outlay to make all of it come together, not to mention the time I and the people helping out are spending on it. If it makes for a fun shit stirred 2013 it will all be worth it. :)

Big 3 Stepping up AGAIN

Big 3 to offer special discounts on parts for members that will include 10% off turbonetics, comp turbo, turbo smart, all holley efi components, and procharger systems. every thing but procharger will also be free shipping! Must be a member to get discounts, discounts are taken from map prices(min advertised price) so this information cannot be re-posted! Thanks.

hmm i think im in...ill put some thought into it.

Don't take this the wrong way- but its $100. If it takes this much thought to pull the trigger you may not want to participate. Its Gambling, its racing, its something to keep the pot stirred all year. Its not for everyone-but its something the old school locals have done for years.

After many requests, the "results" updates on the site will be kept private if the owner chooses, but they must be sent to the Admin for confirmation. Only the Admin team will be aware of it and will publicize ALL of the numbers by Aug 15th. If you intentionally sandbag results (Dyno/track in June, and dont post until Dec) those results will not be allowed for contest purposes.

Keep the suggestions coming

Don't take this the wrong way- but its $100. If it takes this much thought to pull the trigger you may not want to participate. Its Gambling, its racing, its something to keep the pot stirred all year. Its not for everyone-but its something the old school locals have done for years.

Nope not taking it the wrong way... Money is not the issue. Just know nothing about Cleveland racing and how many 8 sec street cars are out there.

Shit, can a 9 sec car get in on this or is it just murder out the gate? Hell $100 is worth just getting to line up beside some of the cars that are going to be there racing.

WTF is wrong with people on this forum? 9 second car and your worried you will get murdered? This is Cleveland, not Texas or Detroit.

Edit: Your in WV anyways, pretty sure your out of this.

Shit, can a 9 sec car get in on this or is it just murder out the gate? Hell $100 is worth just getting to line up beside some of the cars that are going to be there racing.

A 20 second car can get into this-

And with all the incentives and discounts being offered by the sponsors, I would not be surprised if the vast majority of entertainers are in it to participate, shit talk, get discounted parts/services, and be a part of the shenanigans. THAT'S the point of this-push your car-push yourself-have other people you, have fun doing it!