2013 KING OF THE STREETS "put your money where you mouth is" thread

coltboostin

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember folks.

Law enforcement and the news media have access to this forum. Might want to take that into consideration. Last thing we need is Monica Durban and her Father getting on the evening news talking about the new street racing laws and CR.

Bingo.

We have to keep this to legal events to measure a car's performance, period. Especially if sponsors want to come on board.

Agree 100%

I only make ~113whp per litre (6.8L@768awhp). I would assume a V8 would need well over 1000whp to be able to compete.

Now HP/TQ to weight...I'm in lol. 5200lbs.

I dont know why all you V8 guys keep crying about the dyno- there is an ET and MPH price as well. You could lose the dyno and still walk with 60% of the pot!

My thoughts on a TRUE "KOTS" competition if you are going to do a dyno hp/liter crap is to have TRUE STREET events. Straight line speed is only one aspect.

How about a points system for each category:

1) 1/4-mile ET

2) 1/4-mile speed

3) Braking 60-0

4) Slalom

5) Auto-X

6) 1-Mile speed

7) Street Cruise/Creature comforts

8) mpg

9) 60-130 times

Etc..etc..

Anyone can build a purpose build DRAG car/setup but how about a TRUE STREET machine... :cool:

Other events like Texas don't require a full build. You can get away with a lot until you get 200+ speeds in a car... ;)

Then you can set that up. I don't have time to hold an event, or babysit a 12 point race inspection, keep a log book...ect. I am just looking to keep the pot stirred the entire year. Someone wants to run their mouth-put up or shut up.

Keep it simple, keep it easy.

This thread is turning the V8 folk into Honda guys.

It's not going to be fair to everyone, it's called life.

Only way it would be fair to all is if you cut it down to classes separating it by cylinders, and power adder type.

I4 N/A

I4 boosted

I4 sprayed

6 cylinder n/a

Etc.

By then it won't be a king of the streets, it will be a king of each class per cylinders.

Compete with what you've got. It's life not everyone will be a winner. If you are thinking about whp/lb smaller cube cars for the most part will have the same advantages. A boosted Honda hatch comes in and takes the cake.

This ^

I know i'm a small fish in this pond, so I walk away.

We're bitching because dyno numbers are irrelevant to how a street car runs preform and with a 700hp inline 4 you knew you would take the whp/liter.. That's like saying who makes the most torque or combined hp Tq would should get the pot. You wanted to do dyno I gave a great way to do it to make it fair.. It's not just the "v8" guys.. It's Including the 3l inline 6 guys as well. A 3l would need to make .8x more hp than the 2.2l inl4 just to be even. You make more hp/liter with a 4 cydl I get it..But your logic is making you the winner or some other 4cldr and that's like saying who makes the most torque wins... That would give the prize to one of us v8 guys..

We're bitching because dyno numbers are irrelevant to how a street car runs preform and with a 700hp inline 4 you knew you would take the whp/liter.. That's like saying who makes the most torque or combined hp Tq would should get the pot. You wanted to do dyno I gave a great way to do it to make it fair

If he's getting 700hp out of 2.0L you should just up your game with your big ass motor. :gabe:

http://theresnoreplacementfordisplacement.com/banner1.jpg

We're bitching because dyno numbers are irrelevant to how a street car runs preform and with a 700hp inline 4 you knew you would take the whp/liter.. That's like saying who makes the most torque or combined hp Tq would should get the pot. You wanted to do dyno I gave a great way to do it to make it fair.. It's not just the "v8" guys.. It's Including the 3l inline 6 guys as well. A 3l would need to make .8x more hp than the 2.2l inl4 just to be even. You make more hp/liter with a 4 cydl I get it..But your logic is making you the winner or some other 4cldr and that's like saying who makes the most torque wins... That would give the prize to one of us v8 guys..

I don't see anyone else bitching. Just a few other people who are commenting that they know they won't win the dyno part of the competition.

There shouldn't be a dyno event.. I don't want how much power my car will be making thrown out there. Besides having a 6l you would need to make 3x his hp just to be even with his logic. Show me a v8 that can produce that power

And be a street engine on pump gas?

There shouldn't be a dyno event.. I don't want how much power my car will be making thrown out there. Besides having a 6l you would need to make 3x his hp just to be even with his logic. Show me a v8 that can produce that power

Then dont enter.

Go look at Nelson Racing Engines then youll find your retard pumpgas V8s.

Sounds like you should have built a 4 banger?

Provided the car's together, I'm in.

Then dont enter.

Go look at Nelson Racing Engines then youll find your retard pumpgas V8s.

Not happening with Nelson either remember if youR liter increase you'll have to increase your max hp by x.1 just to be event. Show me a 6l making 2100whp on any fuel just to match his 2.0 700whp per his rule carlye wouldn't win the hp per liter event either. As you see he made that even so he would easly get some cash.I had no intention to enter the dyno thing.. I'm trying to give other people a chance.. Jones why should I build a 4cydl just so I could win hp per liter? Its impressive but not my cup of tea.. The corvette was my dream car and I started building it to fit my needs but you could easily build a faster car for 1/4 price I have in this but it wouldn't be the same..

you could easily build a faster car for 1/4 price I have in this but it wouldn't be the same..

Then don't cry about the rules...;)

You can choose to enter or not...

Knowing the competition you'd be up against, I guess you'd have to figure out if it's worth it to you or not.

It's not like you stand to win, or lose your life savings here.:)

Then don't cry about the rules...;)

You can choose to enter or not...

Knowing the competition you'd be up against, I guess you'd have to figure out if it's worth it to you or not.

It's not like you stand to win, or lose your life savings here.:)

Yuuuuuuppppppp.......

How about if your going to have you cash on the line then have an imput.. Till your willing to enter and risk some cash eat a dick. I'm not fan of a one sided event. I like the idea of all this but the dyno event is one sided and you know this. I know I'm fighting a losing battle but I'm down just because. I'm not dynoing the car regardless for anyone so I'm auto out of that event. Only Brian and me will know the final numbers and that's my wishes.. For those dynoing I'm just trying to help them out to make it all work and I don't see an issue with it. 100$ isn't much but if you have 10-15 people in this event and there's only 2-3 imports competing for 33% of the total prize then it's bullShit. Why not make it so there's more competion? Afraid to lose? Not like yal shooting for the highest hp + Tq.. or highest Tq.. The way I presented it was perfect for what your trying to do.

How about if your going to have you cash on the line then have an imput.. Till your willing to enter and risk some cash eat a dick. I'm not fan of a one sided event. I like the idea of all this but the dyno event is one sided and you know this. I know I'm fighting a losing battle but I'm down just because. I'm not dynoing the car regardless for anyone so I'm auto out of that event. Only Brian and me will know the final numbers and that's my wishes.. For those dynoing I'm just trying to help them out to make it all work and I don't see an issue with it. 100$ isn't much but if you have 10-15 people in this event and there's only 2-3 imports competing for 33% of the total prize then it's bullShit. Why not make it so there's more competion? Afraid to lose? Not like yal shooting for the highest hp + Tq.. or highest Tq.. The way I presented it was perfect for what your trying to do.

I'm more than willing to toss in $100, and not even compete to just watch this play out. :gabe: It's winter, and this is after all, great entertainment. Frankly, $100 seems like a bargain.

Now that I'm "in" I guess you'll allow me to speak my peace?

To me, it sounds like you are trying to assure you at least win something before entering.

Dyno = You don't stand a chance per your own admission.

1/4 Mile = You'll break your "10K" drive train, and lose to a $5000 10 sec colt in both Trap & ET.

Sounds like you might want to sit this one out, like the rest of us who don't have a chance, or you could continue to try and alter the terms of the contest to suite you. Since when is 1/4 mile performance one sided? You have a RWD Sports car, which is the "ideal" setup for drag racing. And you are afraid to lose to A FRONT WHEEL DRIVE COLT that costs less than your transmission?

There will be plenty of people willing to step up, without altering the terms.

Before you get your panties bunched up on this 1/4 event.. The 1/4 was not even mentIoned in the title thread holds 3 events. Dyno event hp/liter takes it.Fastest et and fastest mph.. Every now and then cars will be flown to Mexico. Enlighten me. The more cash to win and anything can happen on those streets in Mexico! You could have a chance jones