question for subaru owners

The_buster

I could buy a GTR for that $$ too....

You can buy a used GTR for 58-60K without a doubt.

But the problem I ran into, was finding a "CPO" warrantied GT-R.

For some reason, they don't seem to exist. http://www.nissanusa.com/apps/cpo/

It came down to "questionable warranty" GTR

Out of warranty 996 Turbo.

Or New TTRS

All for the same price. TT won this round.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who keeps saying subies burn oil, my dipstick doesn't move and i drive the shit out of her. Yes i know all cars burn some but moisture can off set this. So my question is do all the subies on CR burn oil?

never a problem here, just add a quart every 300 miles.

Mine leaks oil, but no, doesn't burn. We're hoping to make it to 200k before we need to do the gaskets. I'm at 145k.. At 100 we did timing belt, water pump brakes, tires.. But it was new to us then, since then the only thing done is suspension and radiator/thermostat. and regular maintenance.

We know my car was taken care of till its last 10k before we bought it. The last 10k is suspect..

I digrese...

Mine leaks oil, but no, doesn't burn. We're hoping to make it to 200k before we need to do the gaskets. I'm at 145k.. At 100 we did timing belt, water pump brakes, tires.. But it was new to us then, since then the only thing done is suspension and radiator/thermostat. and regular maintenance.

We know my car was taken care of till its last 10k before we bought it. The last 10k is suspect..

I digrese...

Are you talking about the xt, can't believe you racked up that many miles on her already?

Whats more shocking is realizing have had it since 2009! I still feel like i just got it. I think its because i had the legacy for SO long. (that was the longest i have ever owned a car.. six years)

I put 90K on the legacy in under 3 years driving to mansfield every day.. the XT aint got nothing on it for mileage.

i bought my 06 WRX with 202K on it and it now has 212K only thing ive bought for it is a new set of tires for the winter and changed the oil. it does not burn any oil and the car drives like its new. hell it made it through the snow storm today from New York back to Columbus without a single problem.

My wife's 05 WRX has 150k and has has had this stuff replaced:

Timing and accessory belts

PS pump

Alternator tension pulley

Radiator

Motor and tranny mounts

Battery

Plugs several times

Clutch

Some O-ring in the AC system replaced

Diff fluids changed

Oil

Air filter

Head/fog light bulbs

Metal coolant reservoir on top of the engine. They all rust and break, replaced with a plastic one like newer Subarus.

The only thing wrong with the car is a grinding noise in the tranny when you lift off of the accelerator and leave in gear without pushing in the clutch. ZB says eventually the tranny will die, but when it does we may get rid of the car. If it lives another year, it may be gone then too. It's been a pretty good car. But the wife is ready for a new car, she may go with us to Detroit for the NAIAS.

i bought my 06 WRX with 202K on it and it now has 212K only thing ive bought for it is a new set of tires for the winter and changed the oil. it does not burn any oil and the car drives like its new. hell it made it through the snow storm today from New York back to Columbus without a single problem.

how much you get it for?

Who keeps saying subies burn oil, my dipstick doesn't move and i drive the shit out of her. Yes i know all cars burn some but moisture can off set this. So my question is do all the subies on CR burn oil?

Some subarus do, some doesn't. Most of the subarus that burn oil are turbo models. Mine did until I installed an AOS, then it stopped.

I had Trish's old legacy wagon (2.5L na) and my cousin has it now, he daily drives it on the stock motor and trans >310k mi. it doesnt burn a drop of oil and still runs strong.

Wife bought a new 09 impreza, kept for ~50k miles needed nothing but scheduled fluid changes. shes driving a forester now.

my current legacy sedan (98) has a 2.2L at ~180k and doesnt burn any oil, I change every 3k with dino oil. Only maintenance it ever gets is preventative/scheduled fluids timing belt etc.

my 02 wrx (76k miles) does burn just a tad of oil but not enough that I have to add between changes.

Find a seller with good service history and the car will last quite a while.

Some subarus do, some doesn't. Most of the subarus that burn oil are turbo models. Mine did until I installed an AOS, then it stopped.

My 00 RS2.5 would burn oil, I put 190K on it never changed a belt or head gasket.

Then again my 06 TSX burned oil to the point it caused the tensioner to fail and jumped timing.

Maybe just the luck of my draw or driving habits. My current DD 06 Lexus GS300AWD , burns no oil, but is the lamest AWD car to drive in the snow ever.

On topic OP could probably get a decent 2.5RS 2/4 door for a little over $5K

Is that the wagon? She likes those but haven't found one in our price range with <150k yet. She would like to stay less than 130k if possible.

2.5rs is a coupe/4 door. Impreza and Legacy come in all flavors, wagon, sedan. Forester is a wagon.