New Ohio Statewide Gun Law

Ahmadi6490

I've been hearing rumors and looked a little online but couldn't find specific details. Looks like CCW permit holders can operate a vehicle with the weapon in plain sight (seat, dash, etc) AND it no longer needs to be holstered :eek: BIG shock to me but for safety I think i'm still going to rock the holster.

And I just found out that we can take our firearms to parks and bars (as long as the owner does not have a prohibited sign up)...which might be old news to many

I bet gun enthusiasts are real happy and anti-gun folks are very mad :thumbup:

Edited by Ahmadi6490

H.B. 495 we talked about this bill when it passed the house. big things in it are changes to renewal for chl. no more "demonstrated competency". also changes the way ammo can be carried with a firearm in the car. changes the definition of a loaded firearm when in a car. you can have loaded magazine or speed loaders now. but they have to be in different mechanically closed container. a zipper i guess counts. dont remember if they have to be in separate compartments of the vehicle. you still do NOT want to have any ammo in the same bag as a firearm.

you should read up on your own... http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8697 http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/bills.cfm?ID=129_HB_495

it was supposed to be a reciprocity bill. the senate took all that out.

remember the 90 day waiting period