Forget guns, let's ban old people

BigOxley

With that said, old people in Florida scare the shit out of me. They love their towncars, caddys, and Buicks down there. And they do use those cars to the full potential in ramming power.

Most of them (nowadays) are from Boston/Eastcoast; they will literally pull out right infront of you (while you're doing 55) with an attitude like "what you going to do? hit me?".

Driving in Southwest Florida is scary,scary shit. Insurance premiums are astronomically high. I can't tell you how many times I used the phrase "are you fucking kidding me!?" while living down there.

It's not been an easy road with my elderly parents but the past 18 months or so have yielded my father to only put about 1,800 miles on his car. It's a 2007 with just about 7k on the ODO. Thankfully. 2k of those miles are likely from my sister and I who drive it when we're home. He keeps the car, the freedom, the man-card as one might say, but uses it with discretion. I'm glad it wasn't the battle I thought it was going to be.