1993 Supra

miller11386

Ha! Thanks for that. ;)

There was so much controversy over what "category" my car was in, they put me in neither. Oh well! No biggie. ;) I just wish I had the opportunity to make more than one pull on base boost-I wanted to turn it up and leave it all there...

Literally! LOL

Nice Meeting you Sunday.

I was crossing my fingers and cringing each time they brought it up into boost . Definitely a mean street car.... and a ticking time bomb!

And likewise good to meet you. Hope to see you out and about sometime soon.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! Thanks for that. ;)

There was so much controversy over what "category" my car was in, they put me in neither. Oh well! No biggie. ;) I just wish I had the opportunity to make more than one pull on base boost-I wanted to turn it up and leave it all there...

Literally! LOL

Nice Meeting you Sunday.

It's a dyno competition. You're using the heart of a domestic. Seems pretty self-explanatory.

So, your numbers weren't allowed to compete at all; not even on the domestic side? And if not, would it have mattered? I woulda been pissed (not really, but you know what I mean ;)), if their indecisiveness cost me some glory.

It's a dyno competition. You're using the heart of a domestic. Seems pretty self-explanatory.

So, your numbers weren't allowed to compete at all; not even on the domestic side? And if not, would it have mattered? I woulda been pissed (not really, but you know what I mean ;)), if their indecisiveness cost me some glory.

Torque award for domestics was given to an F350 making 500hp and 1050tq.

The 79 Camaro edged him out on HP as well, however its a fully build BBC with twin turbos!

Torque award for domestics was given to an F350 making 500hp and 1050tq.

The 79 Camaro edged him out on HP as well, however its a fully build BBC with twin turbos!

F350's a cheater. And gj, JP.

I wonder what my Vibe would fall under? haha It's technically a domestic. Not that I've got to worry about winning any dyno competitions with it. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Its been a pretty stagnant position with the car as of late. I purchased my first home at the end of May and got the keys on June 1. Ever since it has taken every dollar from me and the car play fund. That being said, I have had a little bit of time to clean the car up and get it shined up from its grill grease experience at B3R's dyno day in Brunswick. Lots of scrubbing and detailing, but I finally have all the grime off the car.

I also fixed the "two step dropping out when moving the clutch pedal" issue. Turned down my 2 Step ADC in Proefi and everything is happy. Hopefully I will be able to scrape some pennies together soon and go testing again.

Since I have been so house-broke for the past month, and I had a shiny car sitting around, I took the opportunity to do a photo shoot with the car. More photos to follow once they are edited and ready to go. It was a good time and I always enjoy making new friends. Here are a couple snaps I took from my phone...

10986800_845261048901544_2129463857720270733_n.jpg?oh=b44be11f61ae1c32f2cfdef0351e6760&oe=55F24CE0

11406984_845261092234873_5507696892076685291_n.jpg?oh=8c70e8b2b6dd0e2825ac4ae3dee6879c&oe=55F93B44

11351129_845261125568203_2550269471458019345_n.jpg?oh=ed1e39427d3a9aefebf34f008c73cf77&oe=56298D84

One day I will run this Supra. ;)

Car is about perfect my man. Honestly on my top 5 favorite builds ever list....

1) Top Secret Skyline-the original Wangan Spaceshuttle

2) Top End Supra

3) F Bomb Camaro

4) EL MIRAGE" Our Grass roots AWD car

5) IM SINGL Supra

I will let you know about local rentals coming up. Awesome to see all of the time/work come together so well!

is B3R actually in Hinckley? Thats what google came up as, I had no idea my hometown had an actual dyno lol. Car sounded good on the dyno

Yes it is in that area. If you google the address it will come up. Great guys and a nice facility there. You should check them out!

Finally got the car out to the track and made 2 passes.

First pass it bogged pretty hard:

11659315_848037821957200_7275826012008293827_n.jpg?oh=24d0e2b4b384189be3075aa35c761ebb&oe=562765B6

Second pass we raised the 2 step limiter 500 RPM and got it to bog less:

10347688_848046075289708_4466910595093824492_n.jpg?oh=ab9e2aa71d3b554da82837a56056ee97&oe=562C20CF

I quit after that pass because the car was pushing water pretty hard into the overflow. I think its finally time to dump the antifreeze out and get water/water wetter in with a new cap and set the fans down a bit lower/maybe upgrade fans. Either way I was happy to start dialing in the car. Hopefully with a few more tweaks, it will get out of the hole better. This has also motivated me to get the new larger fuel pump and feed this massive 88mm.

I have an in-car video that I need to edit down and get uploaded. Will post it here once I have it complete and online.

This is the only video of the outside I have currently. Will work on seeing if I can find more videos....

https://instagram.com/p/4VlRW1PQoL/

Consider returning to the stock fan instead? Seems like many high hp supra guys are running the stock fan without issues

No way. WAY too much rotating mass for 9000rpm. Those fans probably weigh 20lbs with the clutch.

Just need to turn the electric fans on lower and get some water in the system rather than antifreeze.

Trim a tenth or two off the 60' and that SOB will be single digits.

That's the plan! The car is leaving straight and driving straight, so its time to turn it up and make it leave like it needs to. I was honestly surprised at the prep level for a street night, so we didn't have enough power in the car to get a good launch. I have some minor things to fix then I can give it another go.

No way. WAY too much rotating mass for 9000rpm. Those fans probably weigh 20lbs with the clutch.

Just need to turn the electric fans on lower and get some water in the system rather than antifreeze.

I'm skeptical to spin mine to 8,000 rpm. Seen some sketchy things go on much past that.

Oh well lol

Car sounds real good. Do you still have it traction control capable?

I'm skeptical to spin mine to 8,000 rpm. Seen some sketchy things go on much past that.

Oh well lol

Car sounds real good. Do you still have it traction control capable?

Need to port and modify the stock pump and itll survive.

TC is programmed in the car, but i havent used it much at the strip. Works awesome on the street!