YMCA Columbus

jeffro

http://www.ymcacolumbus.org

Any members here? More specifically Downtown/Powell/Delaware?

Their site is advertising $26.xx a month for a single young adult. Seems very reasonable to me, but whenever i drive by the one in Powell its always packed. Do you find yourself standing around waiting for things to open up? Any inside info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Depends on the time you go like any gym. The Delaware one is pretty reasonable, I went there for a few months over the summer. The two times I went to the downtown Y it was dead but the parking sucks. I currently go to the downtown Metro Fitness, it's almost always dead but the equipment kinda sucks and is outdated. Worthington Metro is nice though.

That's a lot cheaper than it used to be for a single adult. I went to the Powell YMCA from April 2008 until October 2011. The reason I stopped is because they increased rates to like $48 for a single adult. I went over to Urban Active (now L.A. Fitness) and prepaid for 2 years and it cost me $17 a month. Much cheaper, better facility. The only thing the YMCA had that my gym doesn't is an outdoor pool, but I rarely used that anyway.

As for the Powell YMCA itself, I normally went around 4:00 - 5:00 and while it was somewhat busy, I never had to wait too long for anything. Don't forget, it's also going to be busier now with the New Year's Resolution people clogging up the floor. They normally clear out in about a month.

I really like the YMCA and would not have left, if they could have competed with the rate I got from Urban Active.

That's a lot cheaper than it used to be for a single adult. I went to the Powell YMCA from April 2008 until October 2011. The reason I stopped is because they increased rates to like $48 for a single adult. I went over to Urban Active (now L.A. Fitness) and prepaid for 2 years and it cost me $17 a month. Much cheaper, better facility. The only thing the YMCA had that my gym doesn't is an outdoor pool, but I rarely used that anyway.

As for the Powell YMCA itself, I normally went around 4:00 - 5:00 and while it was somewhat busy, I never had to wait too long for anything. Don't forget, it's also going to be busier now with the New Year's Resolution people clogging up the floor. They normally clear out in about a month.

I really like the YMCA and would not have left, if they could have competed with the rate I got from Urban Active.

I figured this much. Id hit up LA fitness but the quote i got from them yesterday was $63.13 a month. No thanks. What about early in the morning? say 7am? That's likely when id be going.

http://www.ymcacolumbus.org

Any members here? More specifically Downtown/Powell/Delaware?

Their site is advertising $26.xx a month for a single young adult. Seems very reasonable to me, but whenever i drive by the one in Powell its always packed. Do you find yourself standing around waiting for things to open up? Any inside info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Where do you see it for $26.xx? The lowest I see it is for $29.95 per month for a single young adult...?

I currently go to the Delaware location and couldn't be happier. I usually go around 9am or 7PM and almost never have to wait for anything.

-Marc

Where do you see it for $26.xx? The lowest I see it is for $29.95 per month for a single young adult...?

I currently go to the Delaware location and couldn't be happier. I usually go around 9am or 7PM and almost never have to wait for anything.

-Marc

Oops, my bad. Yeah $29.99 is still alot better than 60 something from LA Fitness.

Some good input here, thanks fellas.

I figured this much. Id hit up LA fitness but the quote i got from them yesterday was $63.13 a month. No thanks. What about early in the morning? say 7am? That's likely when id be going.

Damn, that's a horrible rate from L.A. Fitness. :eek: I guess I'm pretty lucky I got the rate I did. Also, when Urban Active switched over to L.A. Fitness, I had to "re-sign" my contract and they told me when my membership was up in November 2013, I could renew for the same price. So I'm hoping I can renew for that same $17 a month for two years this November.

I do know that a lot of people had billing issues with Urban Active, especially those that were on month-to-month and canceled. I'm hoping that L.A. Fitness is far better at that.

As far as the YMCA at 7:00 AM: It was MUCH less busy. Mostly because, the New Year's Resolution people, most of them are afternoon people. They want to go work out, they do for a while, but very few of them are seriously dedicated to do it before work. Not like the rest of us gym rats that have been doing it for years and it's a part of our day... :nod:

I was a member at the one in powell and never had any issues during peak times. When I did go during peak times, always looked busy but everyone was spread out through the facility. Now, since I moved off of cemetery road, I go to the one in hilliard on crosgray since it is part of the same network.

Also, on the account it is me, my mom and dad all for $75/month.

i went for a while. young adult ends when you turn 25. i paid for a year up front a month before i turned 25 to get the lower rate. just before i turned 26 i let it expire for a month then begrudgingly renewed it for another year and paid up front. this past summer i let it expire and dont think im gonna renew it. i just opted to spend more days cycling to get my exercise in. $50/mo for just me is too steep for the once a week i'd probably use it during the summer and 2-3x in the winter.