30 car pile up on 270s and 161

Fubar231

I live just outside 270 in Westerville,maybe 1/4 mile from the accident, and was home when it happened. Didn't hear the accident, but did hear all the police/fire/EMS and helicopters heading that way right after it happened. We were getting a pretty good snow squal around that time. I wouldn't have said it would have been blinding snow, but I also wasn't on 270 driving at 65 mph when it happened. All cleared up now, but hell of an accident.

Drivers told 10TV News that it was a near white-out, and many stopped on the freeway until the storm stopped.

Bunch of fucking ostriches. They stop because they can't see then think all the cars behind them will just disappear?? Probably the same morons who drive white or grey cars in fog/snow without headlights.

Bunch of fucking ostriches. They stop because they can't see then think all the cars behind them will just disappear?? Probably the same morons who drive white or grey cars in fog/snow without headlights.

That's what I was thinking. Sad part is, I bet the people who rear ended them were cited because "they were going too fast". I don't fault people for stopping in bad weather with poor visibility, but they should have pulled off onto the berm instead of stopping in the middle of the road.

Some of the cars looked pretty mangled I saw 3 squads taking people away. Was fun to watch the line of tow trucks drive down the side to get to the wreck. Glad I didn't really have to be anywhere so it made sitting there for 2 hours almost tolerable.