Jalopnik's Top 10 Ways to Spot a Gearhead. Agreed?

BrendanB

Jalopnik's AOTD today was the top 10 ways to spot a gearhead, but I don't necessarily agree with #6. Sometimes it makes better sense than others, but still seems iffy for me. I'd replace it with Heel-and-Toeing or blipping downshifts, as is suggested in the comments. Anyone else think of any others missed by Jalopnik, or agree/disagree with the list?

http://jalopnik.com/5978318/ten-ways-to-spot-a-gearhead-in-real-life

Actually, with the number of "enthusiasts" I have seen drive a manual car quite poorly, with no concept of rev-matching upshifts or downshifts, that's not a very good indicator. They could just be an enthusiast lacking ability.

Pretty amusing list though, especially chassis codes.

Actually, with the number of "enthusiasts" I have seen drive a manual car quite poorly, with no concept of rev-matching upshifts or downshifts, that's not a very good indicator. They could just be an enthusiast lacking ability.

Pretty amusing list though, especially chassis codes.

I rarely rev-match while upshifting, but always down shifting.

I also wear either work gloves or nitrile gloves when working, so that gets me out of #1.

I'm likely to turn around mid conversation if I see that someone has a 'hoonigan' t-shirt on.

I'm just about over working on cars with gloves. Especially since I work on brake systems at work. Brake fluid is nasty shit. I feel like I have it on my hands for a whole day or more after I get it all over them. The only time I don't wear work gloves, or nitrile gloves anymore is when I forget to put them on.

I rarely rev-match while upshifting, but always down shifting.

I also wear either work gloves or nitrile gloves when working, so that gets me out of #1.

I rarely rev match either way. I think that is a good habit on the race track but I don't think it's worth the effort when driving to Walmart