Who has Ultra TV from WOW?

Buck531

That and he didn't put any booties on his feet so now I had to clean up mud he tracked in from outside :(

That shit would piss me off. Last time a worker like that came in I asked if he had those booties....he said no.....I told him he can slip his shoes off in the doorway then. Fuck people with no respect.

BTW....funny watching an installer put in a cable outlet with no shoes on.

Had the Ultra TV installed last Saturday. Guy was about 20 minutes later than max show up time, but they did call me about an hour before then and told me when he would be there and he was. Set everything up and found out the Gateway box was not "scanned" so he had to drive back to the Wow office (less than 2 miles away) to get a new box. Took him about 45 minutes till he came back. Said they were having issues getting boxes to scan into the system. He finished up and left about 2 hours after he originally showed up. So far been very pleased with it. About the only thing I miss is the Picture-in-picture my old box had.

Random Tip: If you visit ESPN.com and want to stream a live game, go here instead: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/

and it should say "powered by wow" at the top. if you just go to ESPN.com and click "watch live" it asks you to log into your cable account (in which wow is not listed) so use the link above.

Well I had a knock at the door at 10:15 this morning. WOW dude (not the same one as yesterday). He works for WOW. He was here until 1:30 and got everything setup right. The "gateway" as they call it was junk so he replaced it. All is good now.

Took me a little bit to figure out how to record new shows but I'm getting the hang of it now.

Random Tip: If you visit ESPN.com and want to stream a live game, go here instead: http://espn.go.com/watchespn/

and it should say "powered by wow" at the top. if you just go to ESPN.com and click "watch live" it asks you to log into your cable account (in which wow is not listed) so use the link above.

The reason this is is that WOW doesn't actually support WatchESPN. It has ESPN3 but ESPN has made that virtually obsolete with WatchESPN which spreads all the live programming out across their corresponding cable channels. Since WOW has ESPN3 you can watch stuff that is ESPN3-specific but you can't just watch any ESPN channel like people on truly supporting providers can. I'm hoping WOW realizes that ESPN3 is almost useless now soon because I would love to have a bunch of football games going on my TV and 2 PC monitors in the fall.

• 2 weeks later...

They came out and upgraded us today. I must say the menus are finally much more modern and the Dolby Digital Sound is most welcome. The sound quality is the best feature of the upgrade by far. Now I'm off to find out more about adding an external drive as an upgrade to the DVR capabilities.

I never knew they based the new system off the Moxi DVR System. That's been one of the best ones out there and to me really sets WOW apart from the rest.

Here's the external I have on ours...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003MVZ60S/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just plug it in with the e-sata cable provided, a notice will come up on your cable box asking if you'd like to format it, few minutes later... boom... 3x the DVR space. I have every OSU football game from last season on the DVR, a bunch of shows, etc., etc. and it hovers right around 33% full.

Here's the external I have on ours...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003MVZ60S/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just plug it in with the e-sata cable provided, a notice will come up on your cable box asking if you'd like to format it, few minutes later... boom... 3x the DVR space. I have every OSU football game from last season on the DVR, a bunch of shows, etc., etc. and it hovers right around 33% full.

Thank you! Order placed via Amazon Prime. I'll enjoy being able to pretty much have TV on demand at any time.

Well I had a knock at the door at 10:15 this morning. WOW dude (not the same one as yesterday). He works for WOW. He was here until 1:30 and got everything setup right. The "gateway" as they call it was junk so he replaced it. All is good now.

Took me a little bit to figure out how to record new shows but I'm getting the hang of it now.

yah the dude you had the day before you should call and bitch about, thier contractors should treat you with just as much respect as thier employees. .. i have NEVER had a disrespectful tech that was an actual WoW employee at my house. They have always been on time (or early with a call).

Im with Tim, booties or No Shoes.. Take your pick!

:D