AR mag talk

Mojoe

PMAGS!!!!!!

Had to get that out of the way. What I'm looking for are your thoughts on Mags. Pmags are good and I get that. But what makes them better to you? And saying some have a little window you like is weak. Give me some feed back of how they are better for you in a situation. I don't care about cost. I'm talking function.

I'd like to hear about any opinions really, on mags.

I have one key issue, to me, that I want to see if anyone brings up.

I think both are pretty durable, though plastic cracks.

I watched the youtube torture test vids and they seem to hold up way better.

The usgi mags just suck to reload. I feel like im going to cut my finger when loading.

This I can agree with. I've been on range details where you have a couple hundred mags to load up with a few people and your fingers are hating you. But that much ammo, any mag would suck I guess.

PMAGS!!!!!!

Had to get that out of the way. What I'm looking for are your thoughts on Mags. Pmags are good and I get that. But what makes them better to you? And saying some have a little window you like is weak. Give me some feed back of how they are better for you in a situation. I don't care about cost. I'm talking function.

I'd like to hear about any opinions really, on mags.

I have one key issue, to me, that I want to see if anyone brings up.

It's kind of funny you brought it up. I like pmags because they don't ding up my lower and are very durable, like my ARs looking like new.. LOL They do look better than USGI mags. But as for functionality, I don't see a pmag being better than the newer USGI mags with the anti-tilt followers. Most of my friends that have served in iraq or afganastan prefer the USGI mags for some reason. I really don't know why, Maybe because they are lighter and have been proven in combat and can be used for many many years to come. Plastic does change properties through time. Pmags haven't been out that long to test if they are as durable as they were new 20 years from now. The USGI mags has. That is my theory... lol

Usgi mags are so much easier to store too you can stack 50 of them on top of each other if you put 2 pmags on top of each other and look at them wrong they will fall over

This I know too well. I stacked 440 USGI like a block. Tried to but 20 Pmags next to them and it was like chasing cats. Fuckers went everywhere. Now I only keep them in mag pouches and don't bother ever trying to stack them again.

They match my other accessories.

Ok, this made me LOL. You have to accessorize.

I was hoping to hear someone mention the noise the USGI make. They rattle when they are empty. They rattle when brass is in them. You can't low crawl quitely for shit with them. USGI get hung up in mag pouches sometimes. Usually bending the clip on the bottem, making you hate that mag forever. Ain't nobody got time for that in a hasty reload.

You can throw a USGI 30 yards to your buddy, with zero fucks given. This is good the first 20 times, then the bottom blows out and rounds go flying everywhere. But hey, who's throwin mags around like that these days?

I have used 10 year old, abused usgi mags that function properly and I ha e used some that don't. I tend to like the usgi mags better partly because I am far better used to them. They feel more durable to me and have been proven over the years. I have both and I don't really care which as long as it functions and is the right price. So far, my usgi mags have been a better price so that's what I have most of.

Pmags are more reliable, more quite, and seat in the mag well better.

I've thrown gi mags over the hill before while shooting. FTF properly.

Not the new GI mags with the Anti-tilt followers. Those are very reliable, haven't had a failed on me yet. Everyone should thank Joe again for hooking us up with those USGI mags with the tan anti-tilt follower back in the summer. :)

Maintenance is key to about anything mechanical. I've used standard GI mags, H&K mags and Pmags, all whilst in dangerous areas. I remember the black followers, green, yellow and I guess it's orange now. When we got hooked up with the H&K mags, it was a dream come true under burst fire. I carried Pmags on my last trip to Trashcanistan with no issues to report. I have no personal preference, since I have all kinds of mags. I will say GI mags need cleaned to work their best.

i spent about a month researching mags and all the reviews, extended reviews and torture tests. pmags were the only ones that were consistently reliable enough to justify buying them.

it seemed other mags would have really good reviews on one site then bad reviews on another.

the only issue with pmags is with 30 rounds some of them wont lock in place with the bolt closed.

I just prefer Pmags for all the wrong reasons. All of my GI mags rattle, and feel cheap, even though I've never had any issues with them. I like the aesthetics of the Pmags better. I like the followers, and loading them better. Though I never balked at buying GI mags since pre-Sandy they were dirt cheap.