No brake lights

wnaplay1647545503

I hope this is easy as w are down to one vehicle at the moment.

2002 olds bravada. I have every light working but my brake lights.

Checked every fuse, no relays appear to be associated with brake lights.

Replaced brake light switch as I figured it had to be that. Has what appears to be factory trailer hitch and I assume factory wiring harness for trailer(dont know if this wiring could have anything to do with it). Checked all bulbs. Any ideas where to even begin?

Double check all fuses (I think those are under the back seat), and double check the bulbs. It's very likely an issue with the boards the bulbs snap into, but you need to make sure you are getting power at the back of the vehicle. Does the third brake light work?

I have every light except brakes. 3rd light doesnt work either. I hooked up a trailer and the brake lights work on it. Whats the chances of both boards and 3rd light being bad at the same time? I bought some new bulbs and that didnt fix anything. Pulled every minifuse in both boxes and everything appears good.

Where is the trailer harness tapped in at? You know the wiring is good to that point.......

DO your turn signals/hazard lights work?

Those trucks came wired from the factory and iirc have 2 circuits. The trailer harness working doesn't get you far on many GM trucks for this reason. Just about anything built in the last 10 years or so was pre-wired from the factory if it was available with a towing option, even if it wasn't sold as such. Speaking in terms of GM anyway.

Keep in mind on the trailblazer platform the brake and turn signals are seperate bulbs.

As a side note I had a filament in the bulb lay over and cause my brake lights to go out without popping a fuse. The parking light in the dual filament bulb would come on just not the actual brake lights when you hit the pedal. Took forever to find what caused it.

As a side note I had a filament in the bulb lay over and cause my brake lights to go out without popping a fuse. The parking light in the dual filament bulb would come on just not the actual brake lights when you hit the pedal. Took forever to find what caused it.

Not related but fyi. Had no fuel pump/lights in rear and fuses/buses/relays check out on top of mains, then just for kicks checked the under side of fuse blocks and found the problem. Made enough connection sometimes, so check both side of fuse panels. On a 98 ranger