ex-LA cop wages "unconventional and asymmetrical" warfare against police

Das Borgen

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine him burning to death verses running out Rambo style and get blasted to death.

I don't know. Perhaps he was waiting for swat to storm the cabin and take a few with him as they came in the door vs charging out the door and getting picked off by a sniper without shooting anyone else.

Although it's obviously unclear how the fire started, what is the legality of a police-started house fire that someone inside does not escape?

Obviously officers can throw smoke bombs, flashbangs, tear gas etc. to extract a suspect or otherwise create an advantageous situation. Can they light the place on fire?

Second question. How does homeowner's insurance work in a case like this, as far as the owner of the cabin is concerned? Surely it's different, but my friend was hit by a suspect that was fleeing police officers on the freeway, and it totaled his truck. Because it was part of an illegal activity with police involvement, insurance did not cover the damage to his truck.

Just wondering, though pretty tired.

Although it's obviously unclear how the fire started, what is the legality of a police-started house fire that someone inside does not escape?

Obviously officers can throw smoke bombs, flashbangs, tear gas etc. to extract a suspect or otherwise create an advantageous situation. Can they light the place on fire?

Second question. How does homeowner's insurance work in a case like this, as far as the owner of the cabin is concerned? Surely it's different, but my friend was hit by a suspect that was fleeing police officers on the freeway, and it totaled his truck. Because it was part of an illegal activity with police involvement, insurance did not cover the damage to his truck.

Just wondering, though pretty tired.

Me and my buddy said the same thing, what happens with insurance with the cabin? How does insurance work on rental property not used in the winter ect?

Me and my buddy said the same thing, what happens with insurance with the cabin? How does insurance work on rental property not used in the winter ect?

Depends on how the department wants to handle this. I foresee a large Cash settlement coming there way for LAPD PR reasons.