Keys Copied?

mrs.cos

I CONSTANTly lose keys.. (never permanently, just around the house and what not)

I need to make spares to my studio, so dont have to keep calling my studio mates to come rescue me when i accidently lock the door behind me at night..

I cant go to Lowes or places like that because the key is a "Do not copy" key. Any suggestions?

I dont need copies for nefarious reasons.. just .. so i can call my husband to come rescue me..

Have you tried taking it to Lowe's and using the key-copy machine (or anywhere else that has one) that you put a dollar into and do it yourself? It can't see the "do not copy" stamp because all you do is stick the teeth in. Not sure if the stores up around you have those machines, but if you want, go to the one on Brice Rd just south of 70 and it should work.

If you own the car just keep the title with you and go get a copy made at any key place. If you do not own the car and there is a lien on the car then take the Memorandum title to the car into key place and have it made.

Either should work just fine.

If you own the car just keep the title with you and go get a copy made at any key place. If you do not own the car and there is a lien on the car then take the Memorandum title to the car into key place and have it made.

... its for my studio.. not a car.. :yuno:

Ask landlord ?

I feel weird asking for fifth set keys from them.. ive never dealt with business landlords before, so i dont know what the norm is for tenents to have...

(I share the studio with 3 other photographers, and we all have a set)

you didn't read her post at all did you? :dumb:

What is so hard about remembering to grab the keys? Sounds like its just something you need to work on and try to be better at remembering.

Oh I wish it was that simple.. :lol:

The front door of our building is locked on the weekends and when I walk customers out, sometimes we step outside while chatting, I've locked myself out that way, when the door got caught on my jacket and i did a slight jerk to release it and inadvertently shut the door all the way.. Or the studio door typically is in the locked position- I stepped out to go to the restroom, which if I'm by myself I just leave the door open, but I had my dog with me and I wanted to contain her and shut the door.. Luckily the janitor was there and he let me in.

Just shit happens..