clutch issue

The_buster

So on the way home for lunch today the clutch went out or started going out. The pedal goes to the floor with no effort and there is only about an inch of use. When I came home I looked in the fluid reservoir and it was empty and the transmission is wet near the shift linkage. Any ideas?

Something along the lines of what was mentioned. Could be as simple as a loose line bolt, or potentially a bad master or slave cylinder, Put fluid back into the master, and see what happens. If it's the slave, it's good to replace the master as well, and vice-versa. Saves trouble on down the road, and also ensures fresh fluid is in the system so all parts last as long as possible.

didnt get to bleed it, the book says to attach a hose to the bleeder and run it into a container of fluid and all i had was a small bottle of brake fluid.

Best bet IMO will be to just bleed it and get it out of the way.

Since this is going to be very similar to yours, watch this video, going to be a great reference for you and will answer a lot of questions.