Any Golfers? Favorite Courses.

Geeesammy

I really enjoy playing Granville GC because of the shape and the terrain of the course.

Kinsale use to be an amazing course back in 2007-2009. The GM of the club is a retard and really let the course go. I use to play it a lot back then and the course was super hard and in amazing shape. This past summer a lot of the greens dried out and died.

As for a country club it is a joke. My parents live on the course and I use to live with them after college. Members drive the carts where ever they want and multiple times, onto the fringe of the green. Have also seen people piss in the open next to the green, I could keep going. The ownership doesn't care what members do because they are too scared to loose the young members they have.

If I were to join a course right now it would be Tartan Fields or TCC Muirfield.... end of rant.

What's not amazing about Kinsale? Are a member at Murfield? Lol

You spelled it wrong....

Regardless, It (Kinsale) is a good course. im not doubting that. I played it. I liked it. Its not better than any other course i've played in the city. Tartan Field actually puts it to shame. Country Club of the North (Nicklaus course) in Cinci puts it to shame.... but I wouldn't join that place either. too far.

If you read my first post the context clues would have uncovered that I am a fan of tight treeline courses with challenging greens (Donald Ross would be ideal). With that said, most courses that hold US open qualifiers are long-bomb & gouge places. Im considering joining the Lakes because it is close to me. Again, the further you are from your club the less likely you are to go. thats just the way it is. Kinsale's amenities are fantastic... but thats not reason-enough to join.

Its a 20 minute trip to Kinsale at LEAST... i'd never go.

I've played the Lakes, i like the course. I want to get a member's perspective other than the buddy who is trying to get me to join.

Kinsale use to be an amazing course back in 2007-2009.

I played in 2008, it was nice. My buddy says its gone downhill since as well.....

drive the carts where ever they want and multiple times, onto the fringe of the green.

that is TERRIBLE... i hate that... so classless.

If I were to join a course right now it would be Tartan Fields or TCC Muirfield.... end of rant.

My friends keep pushing me to join Tartan Fields too... too far. Nice clubhouse though. Course was METICULOUSLY Kept when i played.