Father charged in fatal shooting after Texas wreck

99BlownYellowGT

Thoughts??

HOUSTON (AP) — A Texas man whose two young sons were killed in a traffic accident has been charged with murder in the fatal shooting at the crash scene of a suspected drunken driver.

Brothers David Jr. and Caleb Barajas were helping their father push their broken-down pickup truck when a vehicle driven by 20-year-old Jose Banda plowed into them. The December accident happened just 50 yards away from the Barajas' rural Houston-area home.

Banda was later found shot. Brazoria County sheriff's investigator Dominick Sanders says witnesses saw David Barajas Sr. next to Banda's vehicle when shots were fired.

Barajas has been indicted for murder and was being held Monday in the Brazoria County Jail on a $450,000 bond. Court records did not list an attorney for him.

This has actually brought tears a couple times since I read the story and keep thinking about this.

I think if anything like this happened to me, I would do everything this Dad did except for make the shots non-lethal. I think I would call 911, start screaming in strange ways, and shoot random parts off his body. And then reload.

This has actually brought tears a couple times since I read the story and keep thinking about this.

I think if anything like this happened to me, I would do everything this Dad did except for make the shots non-lethal. I think I would call 911, start screaming in strange ways, and shoot random parts off his body. And then reload.

I can't even watch movies/tv about this. It makes me so mad and upset.

I see a few references to "temporary insanity." Technically, there is no such thing. Either you meet the criteria for legal insanity or you don't. In Texas, the law concerning insanity is much like it is in Ohio, which essentially is this: you are not guilty by reason of insanity if, at the time of the offense, you did not know what you were doing was wrong as a result of severe mental disease or defect. (Also, it could be argued that insanity is always temporary.) The closest thing conceptually to "temporary insanity" is a diminished capacity defense. It's kind of like a mini-insanity defense in which the defense attempts to prove that the defendant was unable to form a requisite mental component (or mens rea) of the offense (e.g., like saying that the guy who was drunk out of his mind and drove over some old lady didn't mean to kill her because he was so intoxicated he had no idea what he was doing). Technically, though, Texas (like Ohio) doesn't allow for a diminished capacity defense.

I see a few references to "temporary insanity." Technically, there is no such thing. Either you meet the criteria for legal insanity or you don't. In Texas, the law concerning insanity is much like it is in Ohio, which essentially is this: you are not guilty by reason of insanity if, at the time of the offense, you did not know what you were doing was wrong as a result of severe mental disease or defect. (Also, it could be argued that insanity is always temporary.) The closest thing conceptually to "temporary insanity" is a diminished capacity defense. It's kind of like a mini-insanity defense in which the defense attempts to prove that the defendant was unable to form a requisite mental component (or mens rea) of the offense (e.g., like saying that the guy who was drunk out of his mind and drove over some old lady didn't mean to kill her because he was so intoxicated he had no idea what he was doing). Technically, though, Texas (like Ohio) doesn't allow for a diminished capacity defense.

Knowledge bomb BOOM goes the thread.

Like you fucking know anything...... Copy pasta

Troll

:gabe:

so, what do you think this guy's best chance at not going to prison would be?

i know if my children were murdered right in front of me, i wouldn't be my normal self for a while. i have no problem with what the father did.