Custom Engraving in Ohio

Ahmadi6490

Anyone know a good reputable and affordable gun engraver in the central ohio area? I know Ithaca does engraving but that's a good 1.5 hr drive, anything closer?

I'm looking to get some light engraving on my revolver mostly on the cylinder and maybe a little on the barrel. I'd hate to have to ship it out and pay all the FFL fees unless I just send out the cylinder and get that engraved. Also whats your input on hand engraving vs laser?

Call Gun envy.They should be able to handle it,but i know they have a pretty hefty workload right now

I called them for something else last week and they told me they are backed up over 3 months preparing for their own line...pffft.

I called them for something else last week and they told me they are backed up over 3 months preparing for their own line...pffft.

Email John@gunenvey.com he said he would take it.Tell him curt sent you.

Ahmadi6490,I asked about the revolver and he said they can't engrave it at this time.

Gun Envy can do quite a few things. This is a shop that is worth going in and talking to the guys and getting to know them. Like most shops these days, they get a lot of BS suburban warriors calling or going in asking for shit that is just not out there right now, for the most part, or that the customer only knows about from Call of Duty.

They will be straight forward with you, which I like. Some people get their feelings hurt because they think they need to be catered to. It's a gun shop, for gun guys/girls.

Go talk to them and they will work something realistic out for you. If it is March, than so be it. Fact is, what you want engraved is going to be caught up in paper work most of the Summer anyways probably.

Found a guy in Bloomingdale, Ohio does amazing hand work, his name is Brian Powley. Talked to him in the phone and I may be sending my gun to him.

http://www.powleyengraving.com/

I was thinking of just getting the cylinder scrolled up a little bit between the chambers and thats all for now. What do you guys think about a revolver just having some light engraving on the cylinder? I can't find a pic online and want to see if it would look weird or not because all the engraved guns i see are almost fully covered like at least 50% grade

I was thinking of just getting the cylinder scrolled up a little bit between the chambers and thats all for now. What do you guys think about a revolver just having some light engraving on the cylinder? I can't find a pic online and want to see if it would look weird or not because all the engraved guns i see are almost fully covered like at least 50% grade

At this point in my life (25 years old) Im not a fan of engraving guns. I enjoy the beauty of a nice engraved gun and wont knock anyone for having it engraved but it has no functional value and therefore I don't have engraved guns. Although I'm still young and building up my collection so I'm sure when I'm older my thought process will change from owning guns to shoot and owning artfully built guns.

Just my $.02 though

Very true and I share the same opinion. I was also tossing around the idea of just getting another gun lol. I just wanted to get a little somethin somethin to make it feel more personal. My budget is going to be under $300 so the work is going to be very light. I was even thinking of sending it to smith and wesson's performance center and have them do some light machine engraving but i'm sure they would have outrageous rates. They make a mean team of hand engravers but i'm sure it's $1200+, machine would be less and laser i'm guessing would be the cheapest.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Category4_750001_750051_757959_-1_757780_757751_image