Mid-Ohio HPDE / Lapping Day Confirmed!

theweiser1

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last video, what I found of CR people.

On reviewing the video, I'm surprised by the Dart. Thing pulled pretty good down the straights.

Your Honda surprised the shit out of me too Greg! With your exit speeds you shoock me down so easily but thanks for the complement :D

I had to stop watching...not cause it was bad but because I was about to puke from the camera movements!!!

Yeah, that was my dad holding up the camera lol. :dumb:

I had to mute it, SCREEEEEEEECCCCHHHH

My tires LOL

Yeah, that was my dad holding up the camera lol. :dumb:

My tires LOL

Hearing the tires is a good thing when you're learning..it's an auditory indicator where you are and are not using them...or in your case in a couple of spots over-using them when they start to sound like you're chunking the tread off of them :D

haha, yeah, absolutely. I was over using them pretty much every turn, as its not very hard to do on these crap tires, and my car being semi capable on its own.

Fun stuff none the less. Look forward to doing this on a semi frequent basis.

haha, yeah, absolutely. I was over using them pretty much every turn, as its not very hard to do on these crap tires, and my car being semi capable on its own.

Fun stuff none the less. Look forward to doing this on a semi frequent basis.

Actually, in my opinion the only place I really saw you over-using them was over the top of madness and in the carosel. A little more patience and line corrections in those two locations will solve that and get you through there even faster than you were already going. Gotta hear street tires to know you're using them to their potential...street tires LIKE slip angle to get the most out of them.

That was my buddy Andrew. He isn't on here

Crap, I was wanting to catch up with him after his last session as we changed up a couple of things that he was doing and wanted to know how it worked out for him.

I have one 10 minute video from one of the first rain sessions that I’ll post here soon. I did a lot of pointing by during that time. Lots to lose not much to gain by pushing it that hard. Plus I had Andrew in the car with me and no need to scare him shit less. I was trying to use that session as a teaching moment more than anything.

Speaking of Andrew, he rode with me on a later session where it was dry and if anything it was an eye opener for him.:thumbup:

Crap, I was wanting to catch up with him after his last session as we changed up a couple of things that he was doing and wanted to know how it worked out for him.

I have one 10 minute video from one of the first rain sessions that I’ll post here soon. I did a lot of pointing by during that time. Lots to lose not much to gain by pushing it that hard. Plus I had Andrew in the car with me and no need to scare him shit less. I was trying to use that session as a teaching moment more than anything.

Speaking of Andrew, he rode with me on a later session where it was dry and if anything it was an eye opener for him.:thumbup:

I'll tell him to sign up tomorrow

the newest member of CR is ScorpioDrew, that is Andrew that you were dealing with on the track day.

Here's what would have been my best lap of the weekend if I hadn't gotten the checkers and lifted at the end. Something goofy was going on with my data logger where it out the start/finish line at the end of the front straight. Not sure if it had to so with us entering pit lane there instead of the other option by start/finish or what was going on there. Never had that issue before.

Data and video can be very helpful as a learning tool as in looking at this I've already got a quick hit list of things to work on at the next day. I need to stay further left on the track at 10b so I can straighten up the approach to 11, drive harder up the hill to 8, and be smoother with my transition from brake to turning at turn 1. I'm also going to experiment with going down to 2nd in the keyhole and possibly carousel.