Mid-Ohio HPDE / Lapping Day Confirmed!

theweiser1

The only thing we have to say right now is... Thank You!

A BIG Thank You to everyone! We have received and exceeded our goal of 50 deposits to lock in our June 10th, 2013 Mid-Ohio event!

We have received the minimum commitment to lock in the event but there are still plenty of spots open so if you haven't registered yet, please do! We are limiting this event to 75 drivers and expect to sell out over the next few weeks. To lock in your spot at this event you can register via the link below.

http://autointerests.com/events/444

All of your help in spreading the word and patience with us while we worked through organizing this event is greatly appreciated!

Official Announcement.

http://torquedracingsolutions.com/blog/2013/02/16/mid-ohio-hpde-confirmed/

See you on-track soon!

Thanks,

Shawn

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have a question about harnesses. The FAQ says no 4-points, but the stock belts are fine. I have the Schroth Rallye 3 belts in my car.

http://www.schrothracing.com/tuning/rallye/rallye-3

They have an Anti-Submarine device in the inside shoulder belt that lets the body move like the stock belt to prevent submarining. It also conforms to Fenderal Motor Carier standard 209 for safety belts. Will I be able to use my harnesses at the event?

I do have a question about harnesses. The FAQ says no 4-points, but the stock belts are fine. I have the Schroth Rallye 3 belts in my car.

http://www.schrothracing.com/tuning/rallye/rallye-3

They have an Anti-Submarine device in the inside shoulder belt that lets the body move like the stock belt to prevent submarining. It also conforms to Fenderal Motor Carier standard 209 for safety belts. Will I be able to use my harnesses at the event?

Yep this is fine since it has an anti-submarine mechanism.

Quick Update. We have 68 drivers registered right now. We only have 7 spots open! If you haven't pre-registered and would like to attend I would sign up now. We will be sold out shortly.

http://autointerests.com/events/444

Also we are working through details with Mid-Ohio but we might be extending the day out past 5pm to give drivers a little more track time. I will let you know once we confirm final details with Mid-Ohio.

Thanks,

Shawn

Not that ill ever complain about an event with plenty of open groups, but you could easily allow 100 drivers and still have plenty of space in the run groups.

Hell I was at one PCA event last year where they had 195 drivers! That crap was sure crowded but the event ran surprisingly well.

Not that ill ever complain about an event with plenty of open groups, but you could easily allow 100 drivers and still have plenty of space in the run groups.

Hell I was at one PCA event last year where they had 195 drivers! That crap was sure crowded but the event ran surprisingly well.

While its not preferred PCA will go up to nearly 40 cars in a run group at mid ohio.

20-25 is ideal if you ask me. Places like Nelson I'd like to see 20 or less. I think with capping entries at 75 for June they can run 3 groups of 25 with no issues at all.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's the typical point to pass in 4 sections even for Advanced. No open passing.

No open passing, point by only. After talking it over with AutoInterests we are going to go with a 4 run group format. We are at 80 drivers registered! We decided to keep registration open until we hit 100 drivers.

So if you have been waiting ... I would get registered ASAP. We will be sold out ("again") within a few weeks.

Thanks,

Shawn

We decided to keep registration open until we hit 100 drivers.

Sorry but what happened to capping it to 75 drivers like you said in the previous thread? 100 driver$, 4 run groups = fewer sessions = less time on track

I would get registered ASAP. We will be sold out ("again") within a few weeks.

June is a few months away what's to say you won't just rai$e the driver cap again at that point?

In my opinion 3 run groups would still be fine with 100 drivers. That would put roughly half of the number cars on track compared to a normal race group. There are more safe point by zones at Mid Ohio compared to Nelson or Putnam so bunching up should not be even a slight concern with only 30-40 cars on track.

I would suggest the organizers stop by Mid Ohio during a NASA weekend to see how they organize the pre grid for HPDE drivers. They do a very good job, with cooperation of the drivers, to put the faster drivers in the front of the grid and get the cars on track in a fairly tight bunch for the yellow flag lap. This allows the field to gradually spread out and there is not a lot of passing needed.

Sorry but what happened to capping it to 75 drivers like you said in the previous thread? 100 driver$, 4 run groups = fewer sessions = less time on track

June is a few months away what's to say you won't just rai$e the driver cap again at that point?

We want to ensure everyone has an opportunity to participate. We will not raise above 100 drivers if we even get that many. As I said in the inital marketing:

The event will be limited to 75 drivers, and depending on how many drivers sign up we are targeting 3 run groups with 20 minute sessions and an hour of open track at the end of the day. The event is from 9am - 5pm, being that the first group will be on track at 9am. If you have been to one of my events it will be the same format and experience.

If we get over 60 drivers we may have to do 4 run groups however sessions are set at 20 minutes each with an hour of open track from 4-5pm. The total cost of the is $235, however we only need $100 right now to secure the track. The remainder of the balance is due by the dates below.

Please keep in mind this is our first event organized at Mid-Ohio. There will be things we have to change and will learn along the way. Thanks for your understanding.

If anyone reading this is not comfortable with the number of drivers increasing we will refund your deposit. Please PM me if you would like to go this route.

Thanks,

Shawn

I was surprised they were trying for just 75 drivers in the first place because I figured they'd make about $50 on the whole deal. Mid Ohio isn't cheap to rent so I'd not be mad at them for trying to make some money for their efforts. We'll still get lots of time and less entries all for less money than most other organizations out there.

Now when they go to charge the same thing next year for 150 entries...then we rage..hahaha

I'm totally fine with going to 100. Only concern I have is shouldn't we all get a discounted rate if that happens? Or does the money go to a fund for handicapped kids or something?

We will not be giving discounts. Our rate is simular to all other clubs that organize events at Mid-Ohio and I feel its a fair rate. Mid-Ohio is very expensive and their contract and fees are a bit different compared to the tracks we have rented.

However we are trying to purchase additional track time for the event. We hope to extend the day beyond 5pm however I can't confirm that yet.

Thanks,

Shawn

So I'm confused about mid-ohio, the way their website reads you have to complete some driver training classes for their events? If it wasn't so damn confusing I'd get a little more excited to go. Can I just sign up for this event show up and drive? Assuming my Miata with detachable hardtop is acceptable.

Going from 75 to 100 isn't that big of an issue to me but going from 3 groups to 4 does suck and will impact track time.

Extend past 5 to compensate for extra run group and keep track time at a premium awesome, otherwise I'd rather see 3 groups of 33 vs 4 groups of 25

Just my .02

So I'm confused about mid-ohio, the way their website reads you have to complete some driver training classes for their events? If it wasn't so damn confusing I'd get a little more excited to go. Can I just sign up for this event show up and drive? Assuming my Miata with detachable hardtop is acceptable.

I don't think that applies here.

You will be in whatever group you belong and get to drive...